~*Swayamvar Ka Aarambh*~

~**~

"come Kaurvaki putri its time to get you ready!" Queen Sudeshavati stated gently holding her shoulders walking her over to her beautifully lit dressing table

"come Kaurvaki putri its time to get you ready!" Queen Sudeshavati stated gently holding her shoulders walking her over to her beautifully lit dressing table. She sat her down and began decking her up. Untangling Kaurvaki's side braid and brushing her curls down Sudeshavati looked at the beautiful reflection of Kaurvaki's face she started tearing up a little bit. Kaurvaki saw this and grasped her hand gently stroking her face with her hand. 

Sudeshavati stopped crying and continued decking up her daughter. Kaurvaki's hair was parted in between and the right part was behind Kaurvaki's neck. Kaurvaki smiled at her reflection she like what she saw. Her head piece fit in perfectly and her long veil was gracefully placed behind her golden tiara. As she opened her eyes she was lost in thought. 'Kai vo bhi aiyga jiske mujhe pratiksha hai!' ( will he also come for whom I'm waiting for!) Kaurvaki closed her eyes, blurred senses of a woman came to her mind. 

She was beautiful and was dressed similar to her, she carried the same smile and the same sparkly eyes. "Sita!" Kaurvaki stated. "yes you do look like Goddess Sita Kaurvaki, may you not have any one's evil eye!" Queen Sudeshavati said in awe giving a black tikka behind her ear. Kaurvaki simply nodded biting her lip nervously. She got up from her place and began walking out of her chamber. Her mother slowly following behind. 

Her anklet began making it's arrival sound to everyone. A long patterned red scarf was hooked on 4 poles carried by daasi's above Kaurvaki's or the brides head. She walked in to the throne room and saw many male royals sat down in their golden seats all lined straight from King Dhishrtara's throne. In the middle of the throne room there lay the famous Shiv Danush. 

Kaurvaki walked at the right side of the Shiv Danush grabbing the attention of all the Kings and Princes. Kaurvaki wasn't interested in anyone one never mind making eye contact with any one. Kaurvaki reached her fathers near presence and placed her palms together in respect. Dhishrtara gave his blessings and started explaining the rules of the Swayamvar! Kaurvaki didn't listen to his explanation her eyes wondered all over the throne room looking for Ashok.

 He wasn't in the lined Kings and princes. He also wasn't in the upper circular stands where the subjects of Kalinga sat watching their beloved Princesses Swayamvar. Kaurvaki heard the end of the explanation when Dhishrtara announced, "let the Swayamvar begin!" Kaurvaki's heart raced quickly, 'Ashok where are you? Please come quick!' she thought. Her mind started praying towards Goddess Parvati. "oh Devi Parvati I know I don't pray to you often but today please make an acception , I don't want anything or anyone besides Ashok please accept my prayer, please!"

~**~