~*Helping Magadh*~

~**~

Prince Ashok rarely sent letters during war as he feared if the letter contained something private or personal which could potentially lead to harm

Prince Ashok rarely sent letters during war as he feared if the letter contained something private or personal which could potentially lead to harm. But this was of the welfare of his soldiers. Many soldiers were injured in battle and there were very less physicians and wise women to help take care of their soldiers. Ashok sent the letter to Kalinga. As Kalinga was in treaty with Magadh and he was in hope of perhaps a message from Kaurvaki. It has been almost a week since they have seen each other and within 3 days Kaurvaki's Swayamvar will commence. Ashok didn't really see the meaning of marriage he believed in spiritual meaning. Real lovers are connected by love and are together in soul not by holy matrimony.

Time skip...

"ooh pita shri, what does it say?" Kaurvaki questioned mischievously looking over the shoulder of her father trying to read the scroll that had the emblem of the Magadh kingdom. "putri, this is of war pleads, the Magadh army requires more healers and wise women and its signed by Prince Ashok!" Kaurvaki's heart raced from her fathers reading. "pita shri can I go? I know more about herbs and plant more than anyone, I know which herbs can be used for deep wounds and long bleeds, please please can I go?" Kaurvaki asked. " okay you may go but please be careful and come within a day or so, okay?" King Dhishrtara said, asking for the welfare of his only daughter. Kaurvaki was happy an decided to get ready to go.

 As she was pinning her veil in she suddenly remembered the words of her guru Kamlika. She didn't think on it for long so she started her journey to Magadh victory camps near the border. Kaurvaki saw many soldiers injured as she healed most of them she caught the attention of her prince. Caring for many soldiers was quite hard and was not expected for a princess but she never let it stop her. Fearing of being recognised by the Magadh soldiers, she pulled her veil down wards to her chin allowing the bottom to be lose and enough for her too see where she was going and what wounds to take care of. 

Ashok's arm was recently injured, battling with the commander in chief of the Greek army wasn't easy. Ashok sat down in his camp tent, taking off all his armour and the golden fore head piece on his dressing table. Kaurvaki came into his tent with many bandages and pastes used to heal deep wounds and scars all was neatly on a golden tray. "Raj Kumar Ashok!" Ashok looked to see Kaurvaki at the door. "yes what brings you Devi?" Ashok questioned by the time it is. "I am here to take care of the wound inflicted on your arm!" Kaurvaki sat down near Ashok and placed the golden tray on the bed besides her. When she touched Ashok's arm he then grabbed her hand, the touch was very familiar. "who are you?" Ashok questioned sternly unknowingly squeezing Kaurvaki's soft hand. She did not feel any pain she simply lifted the veiled scarf up letting it sit on the puff pinned in behind her tied in long tresses. "Kaurvaki you? What are you doing here? It is very dangerous for you being her?" Ashok asked in a rush. 

"Ashok my father received the letter that you sent to Kalinga and so I came to help but do not worry I am leaving tomorrow morning I already taught the other healers and women which plant and herbs to use now let me do my job!" Kaurvaki explained without any concern. She took his arm and rubbed a white paste on top of his wound. Ashok's skin sizzled as he winced. Kaurvaki saw this as worry took over her mind and she gently blew on his arm trying to ease the pain. Ashok once again admired the beautiful features laid on her face. 

'Even when she is dressed as either a maid or healer she is still as beautiful as her princess swaroop!' Ashok thought beautifully. Once the healing was done, Kaurvaki wrapped a white bandage around her arm. "you know you did not have to do this!" Kaurvaki looked up at Ashok's face. "wounds are the adornments of a warrior!" Ashok stated proud of his warrior nature. "wounds and blisters may be the adornments of a warrior but not of a prince or of my Ashok, now your wound is healed, please be aware to take care of yourself next time now I must go and rest you should do the same!" Kaurvaki stated as she began to walk out of Ashok's tent and headed to her own. Ashok followed the words of Kaurvaki and decided to rest waiting to wake up with the sun!

~**~