~*Forever Always A Warrior *~

~**~

The King of Kalinga came to the forest to see his daughter and question Ashok why he didn't disagree to this exile? Why did he allow Kaurvaki to come with him? On disagreement Queen Sudeshavati came along with him to talk to their daughter and son...

The King of Kalinga came to the forest to see his daughter and question Ashok why he didn't disagree to this exile? Why did he allow Kaurvaki to come with him? On disagreement Queen Sudeshavati came along with him to talk to their daughter and son-in-law. Ashok, Kaurvaki and Sugratra sat upon big boulders as they rested from their endless walking in the van. When the king and queen arrived at the scene. Kaurvaki rose and hugged them taking their blessings with Ashok. "pita shri, what are you doing here?" Kaurvaki questioned. "I came to check up on that daughter who was exiled in this van." King Dhishrtara answered. "Putri Kaurvaki come with us you no longer need to stay within the van." Sudeshavati offered her daughter.

"Forgive me ma, but I cannot return until after 10 years a month is left for our first year to be done I have to stay and accompany Ashok in this forest." Kaurvaki denied, she knew it was the right thing to do. After all, Isn't making sacrifices the greatest thing you can do for the person you love.

Ashok had other opinions. He did love having Kaurvaki with him but he was concerned with her safety and with her happiness. She should be a Queen governing the county with the benevolence she had, the will she had to endue to make all the sacrifices for her country. Not the hermit life in the forest.

Ashok did agree with what Sudeshavati said, "mata shri I am obliged to agree with you, with Kaurvaki to return to Kalinga it would ensure her safety I and Sugratra can return soon, please allow us time to look it over." Ashok stated, making Kaurvaki angry within. "we shall give you some time Ashok over night is what you have make haste with your decision." Dhishrtara finished and returned with his queen, the guards they brought and posted out had made a small camp, they retired their for the night. "Ashok how could you?" Kaurvaki questioned upset. "Kaurvaki Bhabhi I believe what Ashok is trying to do is right, if you return to Kalinga you will remain safe." Sugratra agreeing with Ashok's decision. "Kaurvaki you will not be alone, I intend to brake this exile, I may be honourable but I am not lord Ram I am not going to allow my Sita to be apart from me." Ashok said, getting to Kaurvaki's heart. A flash on anger crossed over her face, something like lightening struck through her heart. She grasped Ashok's elbow. 

"Ashok I do not accept I am staying with you and that is my final decision, either allow me to come with you or see my dead body!" Ashok covered her mouth. "what is your decision Kumar Ashok?" Sugratra questioned. Ashok's face was unreadable his decision will be announced the next dawn.

Sudeshavati sighed warily, she took Kaurvaki away privately to talk about her will, "Don't endure all the pain in a forest for a man, despite him being your husband. You are more adept to ruling on your own in your own accord if not with him." Kaurvaki listened to her mother closely, she recalled how she would always listen to her mothers stories, her teachings on independence. And the conflict of resolution behind the idealism of Devi Sita. She was a role model, but was also the reason of justification for men abusing their wives and they still needed to be faithful to them and endure it. And on the other hand, stand against any other man (like Lanka King Ravana) and become the destruction for the men who would dishonour a woman and simultaneously disgrace her in the very unjust society.

Kaurvaki sighed and took her mothers hands, she gently grazed her thumb over he knuckles. Wrinkles trapped underneath, veins that pulsed with stress. "I know that following the path of Queen Sita is controversial. But I am not her. I am my own woman. I will stand besides the man I love but I won't surrender to his every whim. I will stand on my own as I did when I was a maiden. This is not Treta Yug and I am not having every woman who I am supposed to protect by duty-suffer unwillingly with her husband." She took a large sigh, tears threatening the corners of her eyes.

"I want the world to know, I did this willingly. I want them to know that I am strong on my own accord as Sita was when she endured the torture in Lanka and became the worlds first single mother. I want to be known as someone who is devoted, but also independent. A woman who had no need to become a parent or a woman whose happiness is defined by her husbands."

"I am as devoted as Parvati but as fierce as Kali."

"That's why I must stay,"

"Please Kaurvaki be careful." She pleaded, gently caressing her daughters cheek. "You taught me to be a warrior first. And that is what I am standing by first. Ashok is nothing more than devoted to me, respectful of all women of the world and knows I am just as capable as he is. He will stand by me. So I will by him. I married the man who vowed to treat me as an equal." Kaurvaki felt a buzz in her mind, the ringing was light and she experience a fuzzy memory. Something that felt incredibly familiar.

"I choose Prince Ram, who had nothing but respect for women. With no intention of showing who was superior, no intention of infidelity with another woman and vows to treat me as an equal."

"Shiv is nothing without Shakti."

The beautiful woman with lotus like eyes and in regal red and gold was present at a Swaymavar. Much like her own so long ago. And yet it felt like it was only yesterday. Kaurvaki smiled to her self, the unbeknownst to her mother, she wanted to follow Sita but she is herself too and no past lives are ever alike. All she can do is make her own path and believe what she always wanted to believe despite all of the hardships she was aware she would endure further on.

~**~

So it's been 3 years. I'm back and I am so sorry. I lost interest for a long time and continue with so many of my other stories. Then I was back into English/American shows again. And begun to write stories like Light in the Dark, One of the Originals and A SPY and a Mafia. So do check them out, if you would like.

It's been quite a while since I remembered everything about Sitaram, about the shows and the stories behind them but luckily the story of Sita had always been with me. Also thank you beautiful readers for joining my story, for adding this book to your reading lists and commenting. It's all so amazing and I feel so nostalgic to continue this. 

I hope no one is offended. But there is controversy behind Sita. She was strong, dutiful, loving and fierce. She sacrificed so much, she endured much more and was still faithful but in the end she gave up her life. Love is tragic and this love story will also be tragic. But I wanted to remind people that even though Sita is Kaurvaki's past incarnation-she is also herself as Draupadi was her own woman too. As Radha and Rukmini were there own women too.

I wanted too say that Kaurvaki is a Warrior, an independent woman before a dutiful wife. She is a Queen who can rule on her own. Remember that within the early Kaliyuga centuries it was just as Patriarchal as it was in Treta and Dwapar Yug. And historically, Kaurvaki wanted her charity to be recorded as her own accord. I wanted her to be independent and strong. That she is no less a warrior because standing for other women is the most important thing a woman can do for other women. Especially for a Queen.

Thank you, and I hope you will all continue to read. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear it. 

Have a good evening X