Chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Why Anakin this looks absolutely delightful thank you." Padmè said with a warm happy smile towards the young man as she politely reached out and picked up one of the little square sandwiches.

"I agree with Padmè, this looks wonderful." I added with a grateful smile towards my secret love as I to reached for one of the sandwiches. I could feel rays of warm happy pride emanating off Anakin as I looked at the little sandwiches, why it was just like when we were kids and with my help he finally managed to make obiwan a cake for his birthday.

Don't even ask how he found out when Kenobis birthday was, it was a fairly complex and strange week of snooping.

"Well thank you very much the both of you." Anakin said with a happy smile while me and Padmè both started to eat our sandwiches, which I must say were lovely. We just I. Silence for a few moments after that: enjoying the peaceful serenity around as we are, happily content sat out in the sun.

The three of sat back once we were done of stela's the near to and watched the large yet harmless creatures grazing nearby.

"...I've studied almost every species of plant, animal and culture this side of the galaxy, I yet I can't for the life of me remember what those creatures are." I murmured quietly while watching one pass by, leaning back on my arms and twirling a strand of hair between my fingers.

"...you've studied all that? That's very impressive for someone so young (y/n)." Padmè complimented while glancing round at me with a raised brow and am impressed look.

"What can I say? I like reading, pair that with the infinite knowledge of the Jedi archives and there's a lot to be learnt." I shrugged while looking round and giving her a side smile as if it were really nothing.

"Oh yeah? Answer me this then, how come Master Windu has a purple lightsaber?" Anakin asked while shifting his position, his question preposed in a childish teasing fashion. Luckily, I was prepared.

"A purple lightsaber represents perfect balance between both the light and dark sides of the force, anything else?" I asked while giving him an innocent yet slightly smug smile. Anakin had his strength, and I have my knowledge, it's just how it is.

"When was the Jedi temple on Coruscant built?" He asked I mediate my after, moving slightly closer as he pressed for another answer.

"After 3996 BBY, it was constructed by four masters originally, however there have been cha few over the many years to follow." I answered back, feeling Padmè watch us both with intrigue.

"Who stole Obi-wans communicator during our trip to the surveillance room?" He asked again with a big grin, and I knew exactly why.

"You did." I replied with a small chuckle as I remembered how puzzled master Kenobi had looked that day.

"To right I did," he agreed with a bright grin as he moved back slightly and looked back across to those creatures. "Now final question, can you ride one of those creatures?" He asked in challenge, eyes sliding round to look at me with a small smirk. I looked at him I rose a brow, then looked over to the creatures before back to him again with a confident smirk of my own.

"Sure I can, watch me." I replied while getting up into my feet, completely brushing over the fact I was wearing a dress which would be highly impractical to try and ride anything in. There was no way I was about to back down to Anakin Skywalker.

"...why do I get the feeling I'm being protected by children?" Padmè said with a quiet nervous laugh as I started picking out which creatures I was going to try and ride.

"Don't worry senator, we behave in a crisis." I assured her while looking back over my shoulder with a bright smile before turning and walking towards my target.