20

Jamie's POV

I insisted on going to visit Megan and meet her husband as well. I heard he was doing good after the wreck and was going to be the only survivor of the deadly crash. I needed positivity after Sydney's passing and my hair. Sydney's mom offered me a wig that Sydney had been dying to wear but never got the chance. I put it on this morning, and it looked natural.

Riker and I had gotten to Ashton's hospital door, and Riker knocked. A female opened the door.

She said hello to Riker then greeted me. We got into the room, and I took the closest empty seat to me. I saw the guy on the bed who was sitting up and had a giant smile on his face. He leaned over and held his hand out to me.

"Ashton, how are you?" I stuck my hand out and shook his hand.

"Jamie, and I'm good," I replied. He took his hand back and did the same thing with Riker. Riker sat in the chair beside me. "How's your leg?"

Ashton glanced at his leg and looked back at me. "It was crushed in the crash. I can't walk." He bit his lip and fixed his position in the chair. "I can't walk until my surgery. Then, the chances of me walking after that could either decrease dramatically or increase slightly, but as of now, I can't walk. The surgery is the best option."

"How are you?" Megan asked to me.

"With my cancer?" She nodded with hesitation. "I'm okay with talking about it. Well, I'm doing better. I could go home next week." She smiled.

"I'm glad. His surgery is next week. Then, we could go home a week later than you." I noticed Ashton and Riker were having their own conversation, so I kept talking to Megan. "I'm so sick of being in the hospital. The food is defiantly one of the reasons."

"Speaking of food, that's how you met Riker?" She nodded.

"I didn't have a place to sit, and I was upset about Ashton being in a wreck, and I hadn't gotten any news from the doctor on if he was okay. Riker waved me over, and he became a friend. He's been helpful through this stressful situation." Riker and Ashton began to get into our conversation.

"I'm glad to help," he said. We began to talk and forgot the time.

"Should I go grab some food or something?" Megan asked.

"Riker can stay if he wants, but I have a strict diet on what I can eat," I informed her.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she said.

"No biggie. I actually have to go eat in about ten minutes, but it was nice to meet you," I said as I tried to get up. Riker stood up and helped me stand. If he would've moved, I probably would've fallen because I was unable to balance good.

"Nice meeting you two," Ashton said. We have him another handshake and told Megan bye.

"I'll see you in the morning," Riker said. We walked back to my room. "What do you think about them?" Riker asked as we walked.

"They're cool people," I said. "I'm ready to lay down. I'm really exhausted." We walked back to my room quickly, and I almost fell asleep on the way. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, so they delayed my lunch until I woke up. I woke up around the time I eat dinner, so I didn't eat lunch. I went to sleep that night and woke up late the next day. Nicole and Rydel were both there when I woke up.

"Finally, I didn't know when you were gonna wake up," Nicole said. I sat up and didn't see Riker anywhere.

"Where's Riker?" I asked.

"He called me and said he needed to see Jackson and Jacey. He said he didn't want to leave you alone," Rydel said.

"How long have you two been here?" I asked.

"Almost an hour," Nicole said. "How are you?"

"I'm okay. I could sleep all day and all night if I didn't have to wake up for food," I admitted.

"I'm sorry we haven't visited. I've helped my mom with the babies, but I have some news," Rydel said. Nicole looked at her confused, as did I. She held up her left hand. My mouth dropped, and Nicole jumped up.

"No way!" Nicole yelled. Ellington had popped the question.

"When did this happen?" I asked.

"A week ago, and I wanted you two to be the first to know," Rydel said. "It's been hard to not call you guys and just yell it."

"Tell me how it happened," I said.

"Ellington called me for a movie date at his place, and I went. He had been asking me about moving in, but I told him I didn't want to move in with someone until I was married. He said we should do something about it, and he popped the question."

"That's so cute," Nicole and I awed. Rydel walked over to me to show me the ring. It was very pretty.

"I'm so glad you waited to tell us together. I feel so separated from everyone, and I miss hanging out with everyone," I said.

"I wasn't going to leave you out of this," Rydel said. "I haven't even told my mom. You two are the first to know."

I was so glad to be kept in touch and everything. The fact that Rydel has kept me in the loop. It was special to know she wanted to tell me and Nicole at the same time, so she waited. I feel like no one even thought about me while I've been here, but knowing Rydel did made me happy.

(A/N- And I know this is really short, but I'm planning to update twice today. Next chapter will be Jackson's POV, so I don't know how that will actually work out. Fingers crossed for it to come out good.)