Chapter XXXVIII: The Grand Magic Games- A Dare

It's that time of the year- The Dragon King Festival and the Grand Magic Games has come, the moment guilds had been waiting for with both dread and excitement. It is an event held wherein participating guilds compete for the title of being the strongest Magic guild in all of Fiore. Additionally, the winning guild gets a 30,000,000 Jewel prize.

"Alright, as you all know we are gathered here today to announce who will represent Fairy Tail in the Grand Magic Games" said the red head S-Class mage in between Mira Jane and Makarov on the stage. Every one listens with anticipation to every word being announced. "Only five members of each Guild can compete in the games. A new rule has been added, according to the council: Guild could have two teams enter into the tournament, and as a result, up to ten members of each guild can compete in the games.The members of a guilds team can be replaced by reserve members if necessary.Guild Masters cannot participate.Anyone without the Guild's insignia cannot participate." She explained further.

The white haired S-class mage walked up to the front this time "Each event will remain a secret up until right before they begin, at which point the rules will be explained. All participants must return to the lodgings by 12:00 midnight.Victory is based on who can dominate across several different kinds of competition. The competition is held in a large arena called the , which is located on the west mountains in the capital of Fiore"

The master cleared his throat "Here are the members. Fairy Tail Team A : Erza Scarlet, Gray Fullbuster, Natsu Dragneel, Lucy Heartfillia and Elfman Strauss" the guild members cheered them up as the stood forward after their names are being called and Erza nodded to them with a smile looking down to them from the stage. "Fairy Tail Team B: Laxus Dreyar, Mira Jane Strauss, Juvia Lockser, Gajeel Redfox and Mystogan" everyone was pleased at the announcement and was chit chattering on who is the strongest team between the two. 

"Hey Erza, I challenge you to a deal, wanna bet?" Gray asked her, as the typical Erza who never backs out to any challenges agreed without knowing the details "So If I win my first event you 'll go out on a date with me for 7 days, you already said yes, so you cannot back out now" Erza was shocked but as usual she accepted the challenge.

Day 1:Hide and Seek

Gray steps up as the eight representatives are called out, and is shocked when a huge city is magicked into the arena, himself becoming separated from the other contestants as they are scattered in the playing field. The rules are that each member must find their opponents and hit them, but nobody knows where the others are. Whoever launches an attack first gains one point and the one who is hit loses one point,to make matters harder, numerous clones of each contestant will walk around the city to confuse everyone. Attacking a clone will result in a one point deduction. After the rules are explained, the game starts.As Gray tries to do his best in the game, it becomes apparent that Raven Tail only wants to attack Fairy Tail, as Null pudding repeatedly goes after Gray, causing Gray's team-mates to question Raven Tail's motives. Later as Gray walks the streets, he becomes entangled in a skirmish with a group of participants. After Eve employs his Magic intelligently to earn some quick points and Lyon also advances the ranks, the players notice that Rufus of Team Sabertooth hasn't moved at all. He hasn't attacked anyone, nor has he been found. The masked Mage claims that the game is too easy for him and states that he remembers exactly where everyone is and has been as he unleashes his Memory-Make Magic, shocking the others, who realize he is using Molding Magic. Unleashing his attack, Rufus manages to take out all his opponents leaving the battle between him and Gray. With the determination and the inspiration of having Erza for himself for one whole week made him win the first game. "Well done Gray" Erza congratulated him "The bet is on, after the games you're mine for 7 days" he whispered into her ear with a seductive voice, Erza shriek at his act and just nodded in return.