Chapter V: The Remains of the Dragon Kingdom

Erza came in with a huge cart of luggage. "Eh- Erza do you really need all of that?" Lucy asked. "You can never be too sure of what you'll need, so better be prepared" Erza answered with conviction. They arrived the train station, Erza is talking to the train personnel to arrange for her things while the rest of the group sat on their sits.

"So Erza what exactly are we up to?" the ice mage asked her. "We are to retrieve and secure an ancient artifact, they call it a forbidden curse scroll from the ruins of the kingdom of Dragonof" she explained. "What?!? I thought that place was just a legend!!!" Lucy exclaimed. "Erza-san, so where is this place exactly?" Wendy asked. "You'll see" the scarlet mage answered. "The legends say it was once in Alakitasia" Carla the talking white cat said. Except Erza, everyone's eyes grew big in both dread and surprise. "I think I will just go back home" the blue cat said. "C'mon Happy you don't have to be scared, you're with me and besides Erza has a permit for us so we can get pass the guards" Natsu assured him.

Alakitasia also known as the Broken Monolith Sunken in Chaos is a large monolithic continent, formerly united, and one of the strongest military forces in the entirety of Earth Land. It is a dangerous area, being off limits to nearly everyone, with only few being given permission to enter. In the farthest part of the forest you will find the remains of the legendary Kingdom of Dragonof also known as the mystical ruins.

With the setting sun came a sky of fire, the orange of every wintry hearth. It was the battle cry to the gathering night, Rich hues of red blended with oranges, purples, crimsons covered the sky as they take off the train. "We've arrived" Gray stated. They were greeted by soldiers at the train station to verify the validity of their visit. Erza handed a document that allowed them to enter the city. "We have to rest and get some sleep before we head out to the ruins tomorrow" Lucy said. "I have arranged a hotel accommodations for us all" she continued and the group went to the hotel and slumbered.

They have arrived the destination in the middle of a forest they found the gate. They stood upon the drawbridge, upon the ancient wood. At one time this was where the horses passed over where they carried the goods into the citadel within. Light shone through the dried branches, shadowy arms stretching across the ancient ruins. What was left stood the remains of a building, city that has been destroyed or that is in disrepair or a state of decay. Yet, this place, kept secret by the trees, was safe. It had avoided modern man's destructive touch and so had become a sanctuary for all creatures. The columns were the only complete thing, everything else had worn and crumbled - their decay the only marker if time in a place of uncounted days. Light shone in, illuminating the relics, precious secrets of the forest.