3x07 I Kissed A Girl - And I Liked It

When the familiar theme song of 'Dora the Explorer' sounded throughout the house, Julia dropped her phone and sprinted to the living room, snatching the remote out of her little sister's hands and turning off the television show.

"Hey!  I was watching that!" Isla pouted, Julia spinning on her heels to face the eight-year-old.  

The ad would be running tonight and Julia still hadn't found the guts to tell her parents.

Her eyes fell upon Isla who was sitting on the floor and her parents sitting on the couch just above their youngest daughter.  Both Arturo and Julianna picked their heads up from their phones to look up at Julia who stood frozen from all the sudden attention.

"Julia, let your sister watch what she wants for a little while," Julia's mother told the green-eyed teenager before her.

Julia opened her mouth to respond, but not words came out.

Grow a pair and just do it.

"Alright, uh..." Julia trailed off, taking a deep breath before continuing.  "Mom, Dad, I..." Julia's eyes scanned over her parents.

While her mother was expectantly waiting for her daughter to finish her statement, Julia noticed her dad let out a dramatic sigh and lean back into the couch, crossing his arms with an uninterested expression.  Suddenly all that anxiety came back and flooded Julia's senses.

Her hands began to tremble as her breaths became shakier, her mind running at lightening speed through all of the terrible scenarios that could take place.

"Nevermind," Julia mumbled, quickly leaving the uneasy situation.

"Hey!  The remote!" Isla shouted only to be ignored by her older sister.

Julia stepped into her room, closing and locking the door behind her as only one thought entered her head.

Now where the hell can I hide this remote?

Julia peeled the back cover of the remote off, ripping out the two batteries and chucking them onto her bed before she walked over to her desk, burying the remote in the papers of one of her drawers.

The freckled girl let out a sigh, planting her hands on the desktop for some sort of support as a new thought racked her brain.

I need to get out of here.

She felt claustrophobic standing in her own house, as if her father's bible verses followed her everywhere like a ghost.  Although it sounded easy to just say the three little words, she now knew it wasn't.  She needed time and she needed to ease into.

But she couldn't hide the TV remote forever.

She just needed to get her mind off of everything a little while and start preparing herself for what would be the breaking loose of hell.

Before Friday.  You need to come out before Friday so you can make sure that you have a place to stay over the weekend.  Cause god knows that you're not staying here.

Julia told herself.

Thursday.  You have to come out Thursday.  That gives you two days.  48 hours.  2880 minutes.  172800 seconds.

Julia took a deep breath before standing up straight again, her hands going up to her hair to tighten up her ponytail and flatten out the skirt of the Cheerios uniform she was still wearing.

She opened up her bedroom door, walking out without taking her eyes off of the door that would finally let her out of the toxic 'home' she was currently in.  She grabbed her keys off the counter before finally bursting through the door, her mother noticing her sudden exit.