3x01 The Purple Piano Project - Our Year

Quick A/N: At the time I'm writing this, "Freckles" has 99.1k reads and 4.84k votes and 1.9k comments!  Thank you so much!  Let's try and get it to 100k reads, 5k votes and 2k comments by the time the next chapters go up!

Anyway, season 3, here we go!

"Shalom, blogosphere!  Jacob Ben Israel here at McKinley High, sudden death, big stage senior year.  Who will succeed and who will fail?"

"Senior year is all about being the Cheerios' top hoe," Santana stared into the camera, JBI holding a microphone up as Santana grabbed her lunch tray and walked further into the cafeteria.  "And modeling my fierceness after my numero uno Latina, Paula Abdul," Santana smirked.

"Paula Abdul is an Arab," Jacob said, causing Santana's face to drop.  "Hey, has anyone seen Quinn Fabray?"

Santana glanced over to her right to see Julia walking toward her, the usual star-struck smile appearing on Santana's face.

"Hi," Santana grinned as Julia finally landed at her side.

"Hey," Julia giggled back, Julia dropping one hand from her lunch tray and sticking her pinky out.

Santana gladly accepted it as the two turned their backs on JBI and began to walk away.  Santana looked over at Julia one last time and felt weak at the knees when witnessing her charming smile.

"Oh, Julia!" Jacob called out, following the two Latinas who refused to look back at him, keeping their eyes trained on each other.  "What are your plans for the future?" JBI held the microphone over the freckled Latina's shoulder.

"I don't know, dominate Senior year first and then finally get out of this dump," Julia rolled her eyes, but her smile returned when she felt Santana tug on her pinky and pull her closer.

"And what did you two do over summer break?" Jacob asked, staying on the girls' tails.

"Uh, we..." Julia looked over at Santana who showcased her signature smirk.  "We...hung out.  We hung out a lot," Julia unconvincingly said, Santana silently laughing and shaking her head at the girl.

They did a whole lot more than just 'hanging out', if you know what I mean.

But she wasn't completely lying since the two almost never left each other's sides over the summer and fell in love with each other all over again every date, every night and every day they spent together.

Even just looking at Julia now made Santana sigh, swooning at the sight of the perfect girl in her perfectly fitted Cheerios uniform and her perfect curled ponytail that hung from her head.  Luckily--or rather unluckily--JBI was able to pull her out of her hypnotized state.

"Uh, okay then," Jacob's voice was flooded with confusion before he finally let the two Latina Cheerios escape and fall into regular conversation.

"And that Cheerios uniform still looks smokin' on you," Santana smirked again, whipping her high ponytail from one shoulder to the other in order to get a better angle on Julia and look the girl up and down.

The two, along with Brittany, had managed to get themselves back onto the Cheerios and back into Sue's favor over the summer, even if Quinn was MIA.

"But I can feel boys looking up my skirt again," Julia said through the lingering blush on her face, pulling her skirt down.

Santana peeked over her shoulder to see a couple boys indeed trying to take a look under Julia's skirt, but she made sure to send them each their own death glare, ensuring they would never try anything on Julia ever again.

Since Santana was the only one who was allowed to do that.

"Don't worry about them," Santana told her best friend, having already taken care of the boys' wandering eyes.  "Cause this is our year, right?" Santana asked as Julia nodded with a small smile.  "There aren't any more boys or scandalous school newspapers, no jealousy or fake relationships, and there can't possibly be anything else to get in our way.  Finally it's just us and we can enjoy our last year here...maybe with double National Championships?"