2x02 Britney/Brittany - Me Against the Music

"Jules! Jules! Jules!" Brittany skipped down the hallway, eventually halting at a specific locker.

"Hey, Britt Britt," Julia half-smiled, peering over at the blonde as she fished out the binder she required for her AP Calculus class.

"I'm Britney Spears!" she shouted, Julia leaving her a hesitant glance.

"Yeah, you told all of us in glee club, remember?"

"No, no, I'm like, actually Britney Spears. I saw it In a dream at the dentist," Brittany corrected the Latina.

"A dream at the dentist?"

"Yeah, that laughing gas, like, opened up a whole new part of my brain, and I realize my true talent now."

"That's great, Britt. You know you dance circles around that entire glee club," Julia encouraged her.

"And now," Brittany poked a finger at the shorter girl's chest. "You have to go try it."

"Britt, it might not work for me though," Julia attempted to let the girl down easy. "I mean, after all, my name isn't Brittany Spierce like you."

"Hey, trust me on this one. I'm like..." she trailed off as she counted her fingers out loud before completing her sentence. "Fourteen percent sure."

"You mean-"

"Please, please, please?" Brittany begged, interrupting Julia's corrections.

Brittany was lucky Julia hadn't been to the dentist in ages and she had an unusual soft spot for her.

Julia caved with a sigh, her eyes landing on Santana who stood at her own locker just down the hallway.

"Lopez!" Julia hollered, instantly capturing Santana's attention, her head snapping over at the mention of her name by the most recognizable voice. "You, me, dentist, four-thirty."

"What?" she was quite confused.

"Questions later. Just get your ass over here and walk me to class!"

xxx

"So girls, I'm looking at your charts and your x-rays," Carl's eyes flickered from the computer screen to the notepad in his hands. "Your teeth are perfect."

"That's right," Julia answered the dentist, her phone shoved in her face.

"Well, I can't just put you under. Anesthesia isn't something to joke about, it's serious," Carl told the duo.

Julia lightly giggled at the message she had just received on her phone screen, Santana skeptically glancing over at the girl before lecturing the dentist.

"Okay, listen, my dad's a doctor, and not a 'tooth doctor' a real one. He like went to college or something," Santana shrugged, noticing Julia still infatuated with her phone. "Which means I have a killer health plan that pretty much pays for everything. And no doubt my parents will pay for Jules, she's basically my Mexican sister," Santana added as Julia's head shot up at the mention of her name. "So get up in my grill, cause Jules and I wants to get our anesthesia on."

Julia slid her phone in the waistband of her Cheerios skirt before imitating Santana and crossing her arms over her chest, waiting for the dentist's response.

"Hmm, okay, I guess I can give you two a super-strong bleaching," Carl hesitated, gathering his equipment before Santana and Julia smugly smiled at each other.

"Hmm," Santana hummed, satisfied with his reply.

"Can I turn the radio on?" Carl asked.

"We've got it covered," the cheerleaders chorused, each pulling out a pair of identical earbuds.