►ALEX GALCHENYUK

"Is that all?'' The cashier lady asks Stephan, my boyfriend.

"Yes." He answers as he pulls out his card from his wallet.

"Alright so A venti caramel frappe, a venti caramel brûlée latte, and two birthday cake pops, correct?"

Stephan nods his head and I already knew he was going to ask me to find a spot to sit at in the store, so I placed a kiss on his cheek and walked away.

I found seats at the corner of the place and out my purse on the table then sat down. Stephan comes back with the cake pops and handed me both of them, knowing how much I loved them.  After talking for a couple minutes, they call his name and he goes to pick up the drinks.

"Aericka?" I hear a deep voice ask from in front of me, so I pull my head up.

Just from his scruff and messy hair, I knew who it was, "Alex.."

"Here's your drink babe- oh I'm sorry, hi.. not to be rude but who are you? You look very familiar." Stephan asks him as he puts his hand out for Alex to shake.

He shakes it then plasters a smile on his face, "Don't worry, I'm Alex."

"Wait, but why do you look so familiar?" Stephan asks, curious as to where he was from.

"I play in the Canadiens, Montreal's NHL hockey team." Alex responds, the smile not moving from his face.

"Oh right, cool. Wanna join us?" Stephan asks him.

"I guess so." Alex answers unsure, then Stephan pulls a chair from another table and places it between me and him for Alex to sit.

"I'm Stephan by the way. Nice to meet you. How do you and Aericka know each other?" He asks, taking a sip from his drink. My attention turns to Alex, who looks uneasy about the question.

"We dated about a year ago, got in a big fight." I answer, and Stephan looks at me with a tiny smile.

He nods, but continues "I'll leave you two to catch up, yeah?"

I smile and nod at Stephan, who stands up and walks to another table, leaving Alex and me alone.

Unsure of what to ask him, I come up with the most overused question, "It's been a while since I last saw you, how are you?

Alex nods his head and plays with his scruff, "I'm okay, what about you?"

"I'm good," I tell him as I take a sip of my drink then set it back on the table.

"How has MMA been treating you?" He asks, and you laugh as you remember how going to MMA classes was supposed to be a joke set up by Alex, but it turned out great.

"Great, actually," you answer, and see the smile on his face grow when you tell him that.

He shifts in his seat, "So he's your boyfriend, eh?"

"Yeah, he is, I really like him." I awkwardly answer as I play with the straw of my drink.

"He's got a lot of tattoos.." He mumbles under his breath.

I was taken aback by his comment, "Alex, so do you."

"You know what? You're right. I'm sorry, I am truly sorry for everything. I'm glad you're happy with him, you deserve the world, Aericka." Alex says and I from the way he spoke, I could tell that it was genuine.

He stands up to leave, but before he does, I give him a long hug, "Thank you, Alex. You're absolutely amazing, you were too good to me."

Just as Alex leaves, Stephan comes back. "On a scale of one to ten, how awkward was that?" he asks me.

"Is that even a question?" I answer and he just laughs a bit, then we get back to our drinks.