►PATRICK KANE (PART 1)

"What are you trying to do, Pat?" I giggled as Patrick attempted a handstand on the bed in our bedroom at our new house.

"I'm boooooooored." he whined and I rolled my eyes before turning back to my phone. He flopped back down on the bed and scooted closer to where I was.

"What are you doing? Texting?" Patrick asked.

I quickly turned my phone screen away from him, not wanting him to see what I was texting my best friend and his teammate, Jonathan.

"It's nothing. Go do some more flips and stuff." I said, motioning over to all of the empty space we had in the house.

He narrowed his eyes and I saw the determination in his beautiful blue eyes.

"Nope, I think I'm just gonna keep bothering you." He said and he dived for my phone.

"PATRICK!" I shrieked trying to hold my phone out of his reach.

The two of us wrestled a little and my phone dropped off the bed onto the ground. He looked over the top of the bed and saw Jonathan's name on it.

"You're texting Jonathan?" He questioned. "What could you guys be talking about that I'm not allowed to know?" He tried to reach for the phone again but I pushed his arm away with all my might.

I could hear the slight anger in his voice and I wanted to spill all my insecurities to him and reassure him that there was nothing going on between me and Johnny but I couldn't.

"It's nothing, Pat. Please just let it go." I pleaded him.

"It can't be nothing if you're trying so hard to keep it from me!" He was yelling and I was starting to get a little scared. He made another lunge for the phone and got it that time.

"PAT! Please!" I cried out, quickly getting up and snatching the phone out of his grip before he could read anything.

"What's the big secret?! Are you seeing him behind my back?" Patrick shouted, his face getting red.

"No, I'm not!" I yelled back. "I would never do that to you and you know that!"

"Actually, I don't." He said, his voice going lower to a seething anger. "Fine, don't tell me. Since you won't, I'm free to make my own assumptions and I'm assuming that you're cheating on me with him." With that, he turned to grab his phone and stormed towards the door, his fists clenched tight.

"Pat, wait!" I shouted after him but the door slammed and I was left alone in the tense silence of the room.