►BRENDAN GALLAGHER

"So I was thinking that we could go skating for our anniversary," Brendan says.

My fingers stall on the mug I'm holding, and it goes crashing to the floor. I swear, kneeling down to pick up the broken mug, shaking my head. There's the sound of the chair being pushed away from the table, and then footsteps as Brendan moves to kneel across from me and clean up the mess. My eyes trail up his arms to his face, a smile permanently etched on it.

"I don't know Brendan. I just...I'm no good at skating, you know that."

I stand up, brushing my jeans off and tossing the broken shards into the garbage. Brendan tosses his out as I grab another cup, and when I turn back, he's giving me a look that begs me to say yes. My mind tells me it's a dumb idea, but I end up saying yes anyway, making his smile come back.

"Great! Let's go!"

"Brendan, our anniversary isn't until Wednesday, we've got three days," I state, making him blush. Scratching the back of his neck, he whispers a 'right' before going back to his seat.

______

"I swear to god Brendan, if you let me fall, I will kill you," I snap, gripping his shirt and trying not to fall on my face.

His giggle meets my ears, and his hands keep themselves placed firmly on my hips. I'm so focused on my skating that I don't notice him. But he notices me, and his smile grows wide, starting to move faster. I gasp, clutching him tighter and stumbling.

"BRENDAN!"

"Oh come on babe, you're just taking such a freaking long time. Seriously, just skate! Stop worrying about your footing."

I raise a brow, shaking my head.

"If I don't pay attention Brendan, I'll fall. Whereas you don't have to think anything of it because you're a freaking hockey player and were born and bred to skate!" I grumble, pressing my face into his shoulder. He chuckles, arms wrapping around me as he continues to skate backwards.

"Alright, listen. I'll keep helping you, but I just want you to know that I'm trying to be careful. You just take a while. But don't you fret pet," he laughs at that, making me roll my eyes.

"I'll be taking good care of you."

Moving around the rink a few times, he kisses me gently.

"Happy anniversary." Looking at him, I smile.

"Happy anniversary to you Brendan. Now, can we get out of here?"

creds to tumblr for this.

this is the worst week ever. my grandpa's sister passed away on wednesday and she was like my second grandma. fuck man, i miss her.

BUT ON A BETTER NOTE JONATHAN TOEWS IMAGINE IS COMING SOON.