Luke:

You're batshit fucking crazy

Luke:

She's bleeding all over my room and now I have to clean up your mess

I scoffed at the audacity, and I read them out to Sophie. Callie sits and plays victim, even though she's the snarky bitch that has it out for me. I typed up a long ass reply, not even caring if I did sound batshit crazy. In the end I deleted all of it, though, because it wasn't even worth saying to him.

Me:

Just control your pet

I threw my phone across the bed, banging my head back on the wall while I sat there fuming. He said he needed to hate me, but I already hated him. The excitement around his control and aggression was gone, now I knew it really was just toxic. He's never going to change, and good luck to whoever he tried to reel in from now on.

Luke:

You know you wish it were you in my bed rn

Me:

Lose my number

Luke:

But I like pissing you off

I was about to pull my god damn hair out. He was a fucking toddler, and his brain was the size of a fucking peanut. No one could piss me off like he could, and he knew that. That's why he kept doing it. I shut my phone off and poured another drink, and I left my phone off the rest of the night.

Sophie and I didn't wake up until noon on Saturday, so we stayed in her room all day and did nothing. No one had homework yet, so all we had to do was watch Netflix and wait until we got dinner with the guys. It was better than sitting around by myself, but I just wished I could have slept at least in my own bed last night. Luke and Callie were driving me out of my room now, too.

I let Sophie get ready around 6, and then she followed me to my room so I could do the same. I dropped off the stuff I had brought to her room and threw on black ripped jeans and a sweatshirt. We rushed down to the dining hall right after, everyone already texting the group chat to tell us they were there.

When we walked up to the table I nearly threw my plate across the room. As if me punching her yesterday wasn't enough to keep her away. Callie and Luke sat with the guys, talking and laughing like there was nothing wrong. I knew I was being selfish by thinking they should all hate her too, but I just thought it was obvious how fucked up this all was.

I sat down without a word, and I barely touched my food. I wasn't hungry and I didn't want to be here anymore. Sophie was next to me, giving me weird looks like she didn't want to be here either. She still got involved with the conversation, though, which was way more than I could do. I pulled my headphones out and put one in, wrapping the other around its ear and letting it hang.

"I heard about a party next Friday, let's plan on going." Calum said, letting everyone agree. Even though I wasn't talking, I was still listening.

"Are you guys working?" Mike asked.

"When am I not working." Luke mumbled, looking away from the table at some random object on the other side of the room.

I watched him stare, my eyes completely glued to him. The way his button down was undone enough to see some of his chest, the way the veins on his neck were showing. The stubble all over his neck and face was growing out, and it made him look older. Usually he kept up with it, but I guess now he didn't really care. His hair was starting to curl in the front from how long it was getting, and I thought back to all the times I had clumps of it in my fists. He was gorgeous, and when I saw him start to turn back to the table I quickly looked away.