Chapter 18

Siddharth woke up next day morning and looked around the room with confusion. He didn't know where he was. Just then his eyes fell on Riya, who was sipping her coffee, while working in her laptop, sitting on bed. He rolled towards her and shifted his head to her lap and watched what she was doing.

Siddharth: where are we, Riyu? And my head is paining like hell.

Riya: we are at hotel room, Sid. Relax, I will make lemonade for you, once we go to home.

She kissed his forehead and caressed his hairs. He just hummed and closed his eyes while resting his head in her lap.

Riya (thinks): God!! He doesn't remember anything, what had happened yesterday. How will I make him realise that what he had done. One side, he will feel bad and on the other side, he should know, then only he will atleast agree to marry Praan. Riyu, you should do something.

Just then Siddharth's mobile beeped with notification. She took the mobile and saw it. It was a text from Sumedh.

Sumedh: Hi, Sid. Today is last day of your and Pranithi's training. From today evening, I won't be available, so come now only. I will show you balance things about hospital.

Riya read the text and smile appeared on her face, while her mind started working in the speed of lightning.

Whereas at Sumedh house, Ananya was sleeping yet in tired due to her last night work at hospital. Sumedh was getting ready to go to hospital. Just then, Radhika and Varsha knocked their room door. Ananya whimpered in sleep, due to noise. Sumedh rushed to the door and opened it before they knock again.

Sumedh: Girls, she came by midnight only. Why are you disturbing her sleep?

Radhika: we are not disturbing her sleep, bhai. Instead, we came to give you this.

By saying that, she gave him a flight tickets and few other cards. He looked at them and moved his gaze to them.

Sumedh: but I had already planned her birthday surprise there.

Varsha: but we know, you would have planned for just one day stay, Jiju. But now you guys have to stay there for 3 days.

Radhika: also, keep this in mind, bhai, that whatever the situation, you shouldn't leave from there before your holiday over. As I already know that, you guys are very eager to do social service. Atleast, for 3 days live for yourselves. Promise me, you won't attend anyothers call, other than us two.

Sumedh: Girls, We won't leave before holidays over. But I can't promise, we will attend only your calls. We are doctors, yar. Someone may call us to suggest medicines too. So, can't promise that.

Varsha: it's fine, jiju. But remember, that place is di's favourite and she wish to spend time with you there during her pregnancy.

Sumedh: yes, I know... wait!! How do you both know about her wish? She never tells me too.

Radhika: magic, bhai!! Now complete all your works at hospital within afternoon. You guys have flight at evening.

Sumedh: yes!! Anu is sleeping. Don't disturb her sleep. If she doesn't wake by even 10, just wake her and make her have food. Then let her sleep.

Varsha: we will take care, jiju. We are not that much immature.

Sumedh: I know about you, Varshu. But this chudail, always do something like Bandaria.

Radhika opened her mouth widely and started hitting his chest. He smiled and pulled them both into hug.

Sumedh: you girls are the best. Now let me go.

He kissed their forehead and went inside again. He got ready properly and sat beside Ananya. He wrote a note for her and kissed her forehead and tummy, without disturbing her sleep. Then left to hospital.

Meanwhile, Riya and Siddharth reached their home. Riya made lemonade and gave that to Siddharth and went to get ready. He tried to recall, what had happened last night while having lemonade, but he couldn't retrive anything from his memory.

Siddharth (thinks): why am I feeling like, I had done something wrong? What the hell did I do yesterday? Sid, leave it, whatever. Just be calm and try to be like always. Riyu need your support to overcome this disease. You should be jovial and energetic like always.

He took deep breath and went to get ready. Riya, who had come out of shower, had called Pranithi. As she knew that, after yesterday's incident, she couldn't face either Riya or Siddharth. So, she called Pranithi to make her come to hospital to workout her plan.

Pranithi, who was lying on bed like lost soul, saw Riya's id popping in her mobile. She wiped the silent tears from her eyes and took deep breath and then she picked the call.

Pranithi: Hi, Riyu!!

Riya could easily figure out that Pranithi was crying. But she pretend to me normal.

Riya: Hi, Praan. You are coming to hospital today na. I had planned to go out with you, Sid, Samu and Anu. Because, this is last day of your training. Later, you guys won't get much time to be with Samu and Anu. Also, I wish to go on outing.

Pranithi flinched, as soon as hearing Siddharth's name and her breath got hitched in her throat. She somehow gathered all her strength and replied Riya.

Pranithi: I I am not c coming today, Riyu. You guys enjoy.

Riya: Praan yar, please. Take it as my last wish na.

Pranithi: shut up, Riya!! What is this last wish and hell?

Riya: what if I tell you, I have cancer and will die in 1 month?

Pranithi: Riya!! Don't kid with me morning only.

Riya: N No, I am not kidding. Really...

She told her about her cancer and Pranithi was totally numb. She couldn't believe that and prayed god that should be some of Riya's prank. But indeed, she understood the truth in her words.

Riya: that's why I am calling you. I wish to spend rest of my life happily with you all. Pleasee, come na.

Pranithi: o okay!!

Pranithi disconnected the call and went to hospital after got ready. Siddharth and Riya were already with Sumedh, in his cabin. Pranithi's hands trembled to knock the door. She knocked the door weakly.

Sumedh: must be Pranithi. Come in.

Pranithi opened the door with shivering hands. As soon as opened, she saw Siddharth was sitting infront of her in his knees and forwarded ring to her.

Siddharth: will you marry me, Praan?

Pranithi was already trembling in fear and confused at his gesture.

...To be Continued

Hey guys! Here is the next chapter.

Do vote and comment your views.

How was the chapter?

What will happen next?

❤️SP