Chapter 24

"Jaan!" Sumedh exclaimed as he moved towards Ananya, "Why are you crying?"

"Jaan." She kept the photo aside and hugged him tightly while shedding more tears.

"Anu... What happened, baby? Don't make me tense, please!" He kissed her forehead, hugging her back.

"Mom, Jaan. She is telling me that Raghav's parents will come tomorrow to meet me. They are fixing my wedding with him. I am afraid, Jaan." She hid her face in his chest and wept like a kid.

He pulled her back and wiped away her tears, kissing her cheeks, "Then let's tell her the truth. I know she will be angry with us but in end, she is your mom, Jaan. She will understand."

"I don't think so, Samu. She will even make me stay there itself. Then it will be hard to even see you. She will separate me from you." She cried again, closing her face with her palms.

He hugged her again and rubbed her back soothingly, "Jaan, don't cry. That isn't good for you and our babies. I will apologise to her and try to explain her. Also, we aren't divorced legally. That is just drama. So, she can't keep you with her. I will get you back if she does."

Ananya nodded her head and wiped away her tears completely.

"I will do packings. When is our flight and where are we going?"

"We have to leave in an hour and where we are going is a surprise." He pecked her lips and made her sit on the bed, "now you rest, I will do the packings."

She nodded her head and took the things to spin sweater from the side table and started spinning them with a smile, as imagined her babies in her hand made sweaters.

Once making sure, he had packed everything they need, he took Ananya downstairs. Servants kept the luggage in his car.

Radhika and Varsha hugged Sumedh and Ananya, "Happy journey, bhai, bhabi/ di, Jiju! Also, advance wedding anniversary wishes and happy birthday, bhabi /di."

"Thank you, kiddos." They both hugged them back.

"Stay safe both of you. Don't bicker over small things. Behave yourself, don't give servants trouble." Ananya advised them like their mom.

"And if Radhi goes to the house, you too go to your house, Varshu. Don't stay alone here." Sumedh said with utmost care.

"Okay, we will take care." They both said like obedient kids and hugged them both once again.

Sumedh and Ananya kissed their forehead and left from there in Sumedh's car. Just then Ananya's mobile beeped with a text.

She looked at the id and found a text from Pranithi. She opened it and read that, "Hey Anu, Happy journey and vacation for you and Samu. By the way, I had texted you to ask for my medical reports. They are with Samu. I am leaving India before you guys come. I had resigned my film with Sid. I am planning to settle in London itself. So, I need my reports. If you guys are yet at home, can you give the reports to me on the way to the airport?"

Ananya closed her eyes in frustration when she completed reading the text. Sumedh looked at her and nudged her elbow, "What happened, Jaan? What was that text about?"

"It's from Praan. She is leaving for London this week, so she wants her medical reports. Why this girl is like this, Samu? She is just running away from her problems by messing with them. She could have avoided getting pregnant and live her life just like everyone. What the hell she is doing by ruining her life and running away!" She looked outside in disappointment.

"Anu, relax! She must have her reasons. Besides, why are you getting tensed? For god's sake stop thinking about her. This is supposed to be our time and about her reports, I will ask Radhi and Varshu to give them to her." Sumedh tried to calm her down.

"Yet, Jaan, I couldn't accept the fact that she denied the contraception pills and now resigning the project. I don't know how will she manage everything at this small age if she gets pregnant." Ananya said with concern.

"She can, Jaan. There in London, it isn't like here. No one will tell that baby is illegitimate. Baby can have a nice environment. Besides, she has to manage all only if she gets pregnant, right? She won't relax." Sumedh stated his point.

"Yet, she has the chance to avoid all this by having the single pill," Ananya muttered under her breath.

Sumedh just nodded his head, as he knew that he couldn't influence Ananya's mind by any words. So, he decided to remain silent. After some time, he stopped the car in front of a house, which was so familiar to Ananya. It was her house.

She widened her eyes when her sight fell on her house, "Why are we here now, Jaan?"

"To talk with your Mom or else you will be worried until all the issues solved. That isn't good for you and our babies. So, relax and come. I am there with you." Sumedh assured her and kissed her temple.

He took her near the entrance and rang the calling bell. After few seconds, the door was opened and revealed a lady in her mid-fifties. As soon as her eyes fell on Ananya, she hugged her tightly.

"How long since you had come to our house, Anu!" She exclaimed and kissed her daughter's forehead, "Come inside and where is Varshu? She is staying with you, right?"

"Y-Yes, M-Mom..." Ananya stuttered and looked at Sumedh.

Ananya's mother looked at Sumedh just then and her eyes turned into bloodshot red. Which mom would like a boy, who had left her daughter in the name of divorce?

She pulled Ananya to her and glared at Sumedh, "What the hell are you doing here! How dare you come to our house even after cheating us shamelessly! Get the hell out of my house!"

"Mom, p-please..." Before Ananya could reply, Sumedh took her in his embrace softly while replying to her mother, "Mom, you should handle her carefully. Don't drag her like that. She is pregnant with our three babies."

Ananya's mother felt like the ground beneath her had opened up and swallowed her, hearing that her daughter was pregnant with the boy, who had divorced her.

... To be Continued