Chapter 28

Ok, so before you start reading. You see that YouTube video in the media section, I want you to watch it. Please please please watch it haha. I watched it like 10+ times. I do not own the video. I never knew I could love Harry Edward Styles much more than I do. Oh the feels haha.

                   Enjoy♡♡♡
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was dark leading up to his place but the light from the inside provided enough light for me to see.

I grabbed the key from under the mat, unlocking the door. I thought about my day with Danny and how it was nice to talk to him normally again, considering the tension between Scott and I.

I instructed him to take me back to my place for my car to avoid Harry being pissed about him dropping me off here.

The aroma of whatever Harry had been cooking filled my senses, and though I'd just eaten I'd probably be doing so again.

I looked around for the guy I'd been missing all day, I wondered why he hadn't called as usual.

"Harry?" I called as I came in, shutting the chill of the night's air out behind me.

I removed my coat, hanging it on the rack next to his as I made my way toward the kitchen. He looked up from the stove to look over at me profoundly.

I moved closer to him as if to long for contact. I witnessed him reduce the fires heat, placing his utensil on a plate before giving me his attention.

"Are you okay?" I asked, wondering if he were cooking for himself or if he'd been expecting me.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"I'm sorry I didn't call. I was out and the time just got away from me." I said.

He looked into my eyes piercingly. I wasn't sure but something felt a little off. "Oh, it's alright. I figured you were busy."

Since when did that stop you from calling?

I guess now was as good of a time as any to tell him where I was. I hoped it wouldn't ruin his mood.

"I was with Danny."

His hands went up to wipe his face in a tiring manor.

"Doing what?" His tone was neutral with a touch of demand, but I'd expected no different.

"I was hungry so we just went to get something to eat." I said.

He moved back to the stove to watch his pot as it simmered. I sensed a delay in his reply before he continued.

"Guess you're not hungry then."

Harry turned it stove off completely before rotating toward the frig, opening it quickly and grabbing a bottle of water.

"I am actually." My words were slow.

I grabbed his arm so my touch could bring him back to me. I knew he'd probably be thinking the worst because he hated Danny.

I still didn't understand why he'd felt he had to worry about me and another guy, but on some level I already knew.

I held him against the fridge so he couldn't shut me out. I took the water from him, placing it on the counter and intertwining our fingers together again.

"We're friends Harry. And I told him if he ever tried anything that friendship is done. Stop worrying."

I felt him squeeze back against my hand in surrender. My words brought him slight comfort. I could tell he wanted to debate this but chose to keep quiet for my sake. There was a sigh.