Chapter 1

"I had been with Scott for a year and our relationship was always great. Now that I thought about it, we barely argued. And he was always really sweet to me. But that all changed on that one unfaithful night."

                                                                          ***

I had just gotten home from work, noticing Scott's car in the driveway. He usually got home around the time I did but I'd taken the long way home to avoid traffic.

I put the car in park and shut off the engine before making my way up the path that led to our home. We'd bought it a couple of months ago together and had yet to finish unpacking all the boxes.

"Scott?" I called through the house after unlocking and closing the door behind me. He hadn't answered. I thought maybe he'd be in the shower by now.

I walked over to the refrigerator desperate for a drink of water, peering into the mirror as I passed. As I grabbed the handle my eyes fluttered shut, realizing Scott had just entered the room.

"How was your day?" He asked drying the remainder of the water from his hair with one of the new towels I'd bought a few days earlier. I smiled to myself as I looked at how beautiful he appeared to me. He smiled waiting for my reply.

"Better now." I said honestly. He walked forward, and he pinned his body to mine against the fridge. I was use to this.

Scott's deep blue eyes  peering down at me. He looked into my eyes before taking my lips with his. I took in his scent, overwhelming me with butterflies in my stomach.

His lip were warm, moving down to the skin on the left side of my neck, just below my ear biting softly between kisses. I felt the familiar sensation of his touch spilled though my body. I loved him.

More than anything. More than anyone. These moments were what I lived for.

                                                          +++

It was Friday now so I could finally let my hair down. A few of my friends had somehow tricked me into going out with them tonight so I thought I'd shower and get ready. Scott had decided to go watch the game with his friends, and I thought it was a good idea to keep him from waiting up for me.

I decided on a fitting dress that was a bit too revealing for my taste, but it was a gift Scott had given me for my birthday last month. I slid on my platform pumps Sophia had given me as well; thinking now would be a better time than any to finally wear them.

My hair hung long and heavy down my back, soft waves in its natural darkness. I ran my fingers through them gently when I heard the car pull into the driveway out front. The door sounded with a knock and I grabbed my keys before heading out. I swung the door open, only to be tackled.

"Alexandra! We've missed you." Sophia expressed through the tightly embraced hug. I honestly hadn't seen much of them after Scott and I got serious. It wasn't intentional.

Sometimes it just happens when you love someone as much as I loved him. Life was hard to imagine now, without him beside me.

"Don't worry, you'll see a lot more of me. I promise." I told them in reassurance. I really had felt bad about it. I was seated in the passenger side of the Range Rover as Rachel navigated us to the club.

It had been forever since I last been out, but with work and everything I could hardly find time for it or them anymore. But this was a girl’s night, and I needed to relax a little. A drink wouldn't hurt, right?

Fool's Gold Book 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara