Chapter 18

A Special Christmas Update.

Please excuse any errors you may see. Oh & Enjoy!
                    ~~~~~~~~

It was now Thursday and of course I had my period.

I sat home, missing Harry while he was at work. He was honestly too hot to work at a nightclub, and the looks he'd definitely be getting from the girls tonight bothered me. I sat up pushing it from my mind and fingering through my hair. I got up from the bed stretching on my tip toes, when I heard the buzz on the nightstand table. I glanced down, rolling my eyes as I picked up the phone.

"Hey." I hadn't been looking forward to this call from this person.

"Hey, are you home?" I didn't want to answer the question, in fear he'd planned to stop by.

"Why, Danny?"

"I want to stop by, is that okay?"

I knew it. I closed my eyes in annoyance.

"I'm with someone, Danny and I don't want to talk about Scott."

"You're with someone?"

Why did I say that?

"Danny."

He cleared his throat, before continuing. "I'm out front. Open the door."

I sighed, walking quickly down the stairs hoping he'd been joking. I looked the peephole in routine, hanging up when I saw he'd been standing there. I unlocked the door turning the knob and looking up at him. I stayed quiet as I waited for him to begin.

"You're with someone?"

I needed Advil for these cramps. I had enough to worry about these days then to have this conversation.

"How does that matter?" I was kind of rude about it but I really didn't want to hear about Scott.

"What's his name?"

I turned around walking to the kitchen to grab a water from the frig as I heard him come in and close the door.

"I don't want this conversation."

He walked over to the kitchen sitting at the table as if still waiting for my response.

"I know he told you all about it Danny. Did you come here to make me feel worst than I already am?" He shook his head at my words, sighing and looking into my eyes.

"I just need to know that you're okay. We haven't exactly talked much lately."

What was there to say to someone I use to know? I sat at the table pushing back my hair and sipping my water.

"I'm okay."

Now that he knew I was still sure he wouldn't leave. I wondered why that was so important to him and if Scott had sent him. I doubted it considering he hated me now.

"What is this about?" I asked.

His eyes studied my behavior. I was use to him worrying about me but only when Scott was in the picture. We use to be really close, but lately I'd been avoiding any memory of Scott.

"I just- I care about you Alex."

"I know. But you don't have to worry, okay. I'm fine, really.

He looked down leaving my eye contact. I could tell he hated the lack of conversation on my part but hadn't figured out what to do about it.