Chapter 49

I was curled up in the sofa of my art room, a book between my fingers. It was a bit cold when I’d first entered, but I noticed it had grown considerable warmer; I assume from Harry adjusting the heat.

I read along the pages as I took a brief trip away from my life the more I laid there. It had been a few weeks since my conversation with the girls, and between them and Harry, I’d rarely spent time alone now.

I was taken by surprised when the door creaked slightly as he opened it, peaking in his adorable head of curls. He came in, closing the door quietly behind him and approaching me slowly.

“Have you eaten today?”

I closed the book around my fingers so I wouldn’t lose the page. “I’m not hungry.”

“I know, but you didn’t eat much yesterday either, you have to eat something.” He stood there with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

“I’ll get sick, Harry.”

He took the book from my fingers to set aside. He then tried pulling me up from my current position.

“I know, but you have to try. I’ll make you anything you want if you can just take a few bites for me, just a few.” He was successful in pulling me up.

Lacing his fingers between my own and leading me out of the room and down to the kitchen. I watched as he washed his hands after sitting me up on the kitchen’s counter. His shirt was removed and he’d come over to rest between my legs. His cool green eyes peered up at me.

Why does he always cook shirtless when I'm around?

“Well, what are you famine for?” He asked.

I thought for a moment as I twirled the ends of my hair. Lately anything I’d eaten had made me sick, even the wrong aromas would take me over the edge. I really didn’t want anything but I’d obey him anyways. My hips were held, his skin against mine was a comfort in its own.

I took my bottom lip between my teeth in concentration before speaking again. “Do you remember the first thing you ever made for me?”

“Yeah. It was French toast. You said you loved it.”

I nodded my head with the memory. “Well that’s what I want.”

He shied away from me to begin his work. I watched as he pulled out a frying pan and began rummaging through the refrigerator for his ingredients. Harry was so in his element whenever he did this. There was something about seeing a guy cook for his girlfriend that made me see the world differently.

The window across from him displayed a world of snow as it began to trickle from the sky onto the ground below. The scent of the cinnamon hitting the pan with the bread actually brought forth an appetite.

My mouth began to water embarrassingly but I was getting use to these changes in my body. We usually shared the plate but I knew he’d be getting me to eat as much as possible from my lack of hunger lately.

His skinny jeans hugged him adorably with the sight of his bare chest. Rings hugged his fingers as he used his utensils. I looked down at my own accessory he’d gotten me to become lost in thought for a while. There was nothing about this life that I didn’t love, no one in it that I didn’t love.

The plate was covered in fruit and everything as before. I prayed this wouldn’t make me sick, but I had a better feeling about it this time. He picked up the fork, dabbling on the contents before raising it for me to try.

I obliged, removing it from the fork with my teeth and chewing slowly. I felt the bursts on my tongue of satisfaction and I’d instantly felt a slight frenzy kick in. I took the fork from his hands, picking up the plate to heavily indulge. He smiled to himself as he cleaned the pan and the rest of his area. I secretly hoped he didn’t judge.