Chapter 23

We did leave the house, after my constant begging and convincing that I was feeling better.

I barely wore converses but Harry had instructed me to keep them on. My hair fell around my face as I watched him and his friends talking from across the room.

I’d looked up at his friend Adrian, who continued to question me. I assumed he was emo from the connotation of his appearance and the eyeliner that lay heavy around his eyes.

“And between me and you, he talks about you a lot.”

I’d barely heard the last of it as he mustered it through a whisper. I smiled to myself with the thought. I felt him absorb my reaction before leading me over to more of his friends.

A girl leaned against the kitchen counter as she poured large amounts of alcoholic drinks. My arm was released when we’d gotten to her as Adrian began talking again.

“This is my girlfriend, Molly. Molly this is Alexandra.”

She stopped what she had been doing, turning and giving me in a smile. She seemed warm and welcoming though she hadn’t yet said anything.

Her red hair was cut short with messy curls crowding her face. Her hazel eyes were the first to catch my attention as I held contact.

“Hi. So this is Alexandra huh? Oh my gosh, you’re so pretty.” I was wrapped in her arms before I could say anything.

I hugged back voluntarily as if I’d known her forever. All of his friends were so nice and it made me feel closer to Harry now that I knew the people he was secure to.

She released me grabbing a glass and placing it in my hand as I watched Adrian leave the room with a smile. I sat up on the stool beside her as she continued preparing everything.

“Thanks. Uh, does everyone here bartend?” I said to Molly.

It was interesting watching as she swirled the bottles like I’d seen Harry do many times.

She laughed briefly. “No, it’s just for fun. To mix your own drinks, you know.”

She was obviously good at it. I’d observed that she was an easy person to talk to.

I looked around at the many people that now filled the house. It wasn’t decorated but it was easy to tell it was well kept. I felt alone even with her the longer I wondered where Harry was.

“Do you always have these things?" I asked, referring to the house party I was attending.

She now sat beside me, full attention on something other than the shot glasses now.

“Only when it’s my turn. Harry’s next in line.” Molly said with a smile.

They all seemed pretty close, and I felt kind of glad to be a part of it. She’d gotten up pulling me toward the next room and guiding me in the direction of the couch.

“We all want you to feel comfortable. If you’re important to Harry, you’re important to us.”

I took that in briefly as I stare down at my hands. A group of people now entered through the way we’d just came. It was a group of guys accompanied by a girl with hair that slightly resembled mine.

I took in her feminine appearance as her presence became familiar. Molly moved closer to me, her eyes looking in the direction I’d been looking.

“Who’s that?” I looked over at her for assurance as her expression changed profoundly.

I started to feel slightly like she was reluctant to answer the question.

“Oh, her. That’s Jade.”