Chapter 7

Warning! Smut/Sex or whatever you may call it is somewhere in this chapter...
                   ~~~~~~~~~~

“Hmm. So, who was that? Not that it's any of my business, but...” I tried not to let the ache show through my voice.

He’d sat in the chair across from me in the center of the living room. My question didn’t seem to surprise him. I waited for his reply, though I didn’t expect him to answer honestly. I could just be overreacting, but it was something about her that told me I wasn’t. Now, I needed a drink.

“She, um. She’s a friend. That's all.”

How could any female be just friends with Harry? None.

If he was with someone what was the point of being here? I‘d felt a little in the dark about his life, and honestly that annoys me. I chose not to reply, suddenly losing contact with his eyes.

This is silly.

I'm upset with him for being with someone when I had someone at home. He was staring at me now. I felt cold without his touch, but at the moment I didn’t want it. Or at least that's what I told myself.

“It’s hard for me to know what you’re thinking, Alexandra. That is, when you don’t tell me.” He was right. I hadn’t been communicating because I was shutting him out. But just as I had before, I didn’t care.

It was easier to remain quiet when I wasn’t sure of my feelings. I met his gaze again, appreciative of the fact that he was patient with me.

He thought hard before he continued. “I dated her a couple of months ago, bumped into her last night at work.”

I was surprised he’d even thought I was entitled to this explanation.

"I swear she didn’t spend the night, okay. She stopped by this morning saying she wanted to um... Talk.”

It was easy to believe him. I wondered why they’d broken up but understood why she’d stopped by. Harry was someone you just couldn’t forget, and it simply didn’t matter the lengths you took in attempt.

He continued to speak. as if reading my thoughts. “When I was with her, she was fun. But that was it, partying was her thing. She just wasn’t the relationship type, you know.” His tone was slow and low.

So he was the relationship type?

Or maybe it was an attempt to make me feel better. I wondered if this was how he felt anytime Scott’s name had come up. The thought made me feel dire. My mind briefly took me back to that night. 

“I have a boyfriend.” Had been my first words to him, yet he hadn’t backed off. What was I to him now?

“I must admit. She’s pretty. You sure can pick the good looking one's, can't you Harry?” I’d said, attempting a smile.

I wanted him to know that it didn’t bother me, though that’s exactly what it did. I felt a difference in the air between us and knew it’d been because of her.

Instantly I felt better at the presence of his dimples as he smiled at me.

“You’re prettier.” He said, but his humor definitely made me laugh.

I leaned back into the couch before he’d gotten up pulling me up with him. His hands were in mine, his touch moving around my waist. Now i felt the heat. I’d never get tired of looking at him. I embraced him in a hug, taking complete advantage of the moment.

His smell was mesmerizing. His skin, softer then I remembered. I felt his stomach against mine, and then came the butterflies. I wondered if I’d ever given him that feeling.