Chapter 24

I opened my eyes reluctantly, the bright light from the blinds making it more difficult to do so.

I stare up at the ceiling briefly before sitting up with a sigh. My eyes met the place beside where Harry didn’t sit, causing me to feel cold immediately.

I felt the exact opposite of great. My head pounded, causing me to squeeze my eyes shut. My body felt slightly sore, but I couldn't imagine the reason why.

I tried to remember the things that had occurred last night, but found it increased the pain of my headache.

I looked to the nightstand table beside me to see a tea cup placed on a saucer.

He always made me cups of tea on mornings I'd slept too late to get it myself. I picked it up sipping cautious, realizing it'd still been very hot.

I glanced around the room that seemed to be in the same order, as I realized my aching long for his contact.

I quickly noticed an imbalance in my breathing, deciding reluctantly to walk over to my dresser. I pulled the draw open and grabbed my inhaler from the left side.

My eyes closed as I took deep breaths, taking it to my lips and pumping it once slowly. I closed my eyes allowing myself to calm and level out the thoughts that last night's party gave me.

I grabbed my toothbrush and I tried organizing how I'd ended up here from Sophia's place. Quickly i went to the bathroom, then brush my teeth and washed my face.

Once finished, I ran my fingers through my hair idly as prepared myself to find Harry. I walked out of the room and into the hallway as I noticed that I no longer wore the clothes I’d worn to the party.

"Harry?"

It was quiet, excluding the tick of the large clock downstairs echoing throughout the house.

I walked down peering into the kitchen in an attempt to avoid the light coming from the nearby windows. He'd been in the kitchen leaning over a pan, and flipping something over.

My eyes failed to focus with the headache as I grabbed the railing tighter to avoid falling. I walked down the remainder of the stairs curious as to why he hadn't answered me.

"Harry."

He looked up from what he'd been doing to look me over briefly before continuing again. A feeling followed me as if I’d puke any moment.

"What did I do this time?" I asked, feeling a little scared of his silence.

He placed the food on the plate before leaning away to shuffle his hair around and swipe it from his face.

"You tell me." He said. His eyes had my undivided attention. "You could have talked to me yesterday, you know. You didn't have to leave."

I could tell he was attempting to cover his anger to avoid raising his voice at me. Really I couldn't stand an argument with the size of my migraine right now.

There was a nervousness that hovered over me that I couldn’t describe.

"You refused to answer your phone. Then, I come here and you’re nowhere to be found. Do you know how worried I was?" His voice was rising slightly though I could tell he was holding back.

I stayed quiet to allowed him to relieve his temper.

"And when you finally do get back, you decided to come completed wasted with another guy." He'd paused to breathe and allow me to soak in his words.

I was afraid that anything I said would piss him off further. I took a deep breath sitting down at the chair against the counter that sat across from him.