Chapter 30: Naruto and Naruko's Counterattack: Never Give in!

Naruko's POV

"So, after we determined the password, this huge gust of wind separated us, and even cut my other cheek! When I came to again, Sasuke and Sakura were nowhere around. That's when mister slitherpants showed up and swallowed me whole. I managed to get out with the help of a few dozen Shadow Clones." I froze. I quickly turned around, looking more closely at the flesh. That's when I spotted the head of a snake. And it wasn't just any snake. Oh no... It was a snake I knew very well. I whipped around back to Naruto.

"We have to find Sasuke and Sakura, now," I said.

"What? Why?" He asked me in surprise.

"No time to explain, but we have to go, now," I said. I focused on the three Chakra signatures nearby and my heart plummeted into my stomach. "I just hope we're not too late."

"Well, where are the others?" Naruto asked me. "Can you sense them nearby?"

"Yeah, and someone else is with them," I said. "Get your kunai ready and let's go."

"Right," he said as he pulled a kunai and some shuriken. I pulled out some regular kunai, as well as some of my special kunai. "Okay, let's go. Just lead the way and I'll follow you." I nodded and jumped to the nearest branch, making my way towards Sasuke's and Sakura's chakra.

"I'm sorry it took me so long to get here, Naruto," I said as we ran.

"What? Why?" Naruto asked me. "Naruko, you can't blame yourself for things that are out of your control. You've been doing the absolute best you can, and it's already more than enough. Those two will be fine. Sasuke, as much as it annoys me, can handle himself and will protect Sakura if need be." I nodded, knowing he was right. We both stopped on a branch that was above a startling scene. Sasuke had killed a large snake with kunai and shuriken, and a body had popped out of its side. "That's the woman with the really weird tongue. She's the one attacking us?"

"Quick, our kunai!" I said. The started to wrap her body along the tree limb she and Sasuke were standing on, making her way quickly towards Sasuke. We both threw our kunai and shuriken in front of the woman, making her stop.

"Looks like we came just in time!" Naruto hollered down, making everyone look up at us.

"Naruto! Naruko!" Sakura yelled in surprise and happiness.

"Oh, and by the way, what was that password again?" he asked, his arms crossed and a determined look on his face.

"Forget it, I know it's you," Sakura said. "You both made it!"

"Naruto! Naruko! Get out of here!" Sasuke yelled to us. "What are you thinking? You don't know what you're up against! Hurry! Go now, while you still can!"

"So, Naruto, you managed to escape from my friend," the woman said, looking up at him. "Well done."

"I knew it," I said under my breath. "I knew that was your snake!" I yelled at her.

"Ah, Naruko, my dear," she said, noticing me. A chill ran up my spine when she said "my dear" again. "I knew you would show up eventually. It's so good to see you again like this, after all these years."

<I get it.> Naruto thought. <So that wasn't just any old, random, giant snake attack. The snake was sent by her. Or it. Or whatever this demon is. Is that why Naruko got all worried? Does she know who this person is?>

<They don't get it.> Sasuke thought, looking up at us. <They don't know what they're dealing with. What do I do?>

"Okay, okay," Naruto said, getting a little annoyed. "I don't know what's going on here, but you've been picking on my friends here, and I don't like that! So you better just slither on back into your hole, Snake Lady, before I make a pair of shoes out of ya."