Chapter 20: The Weapons Known as Shinobi

Inari's POV

I panted a bit as I ran through the village. "Naruto, Naruko, and the others are fighting and risking their lives, while the rest of us do nothing," I said to myself. "We've got to fight too." I ran up to Uncle Giichi's house. "Uncle Giichi, Uncle Giichi, hurry," I said as I pounded on the door. "Come to the bridge with me. We don't have to hide any longer. If we all fight together, we can finally take Gato down. I know we can." I reached for the doorknob, but gasped when I heard the lock click.

"No, Inari, I've given up fighting," Uncle Giichi said. "Fighting is for heroes, like your father and Naruko. You see what good it did them. Isn't one dead hero and a banished child enough?" I grunted softly and lowered my head. "What will more fighting bring us but more fallen heroes and more regrets? No, Inari, my heart is already full of enough regrets to last a lifetime." I clenched my fist.

"Well, I don't want to live a life of regrets either," I said. "And that's why we've got to fight!"

"Live your life, so you have nothing to regret." Dad told me and smiled.

"I know you care about everyone in the village, and so do I," I said. "You and Mother and Grandfather and everyone. That's why we have to fight." I saw that the lock didn't change and Uncle Giichi didn't say anything. "All my life I've been a coward, but now I know that crying and hiding from things that we're afraid of doesn't make them go away." I then ran down the steps leading to his house and ran around the village. "Hurry! Come to the bridge!" I yelled. I knocked on doors, ran around the village, shouting, trying to get anyone's help. I panted and looked around a little when no one agreed to come. "What do I do know? Not one of them will even open their door to listen. Uh..." I grunted.

Naruto was smiling at me and rubbing my head. "Cause you really are brave," He told me.

'Well, then, if no one else will help...' I thought. I panted as I ran back home.

Kakashi's POV

I was standing in front of Zabuza, who was pinned in place by my ninja hounds. "Poor Zabuza," I said. "See where your ambitions got you? You were always pushing things too far. It was the failed Mizukage assassination and your attempted coup d'etat. You were forced to flee with the few followers you had, your country's tracker ninja hot on your heels. You became a rogue ninja whose name was quickly known, even in the Village Hidden in the Leaves. Now, you're crazy enough to want to go back and try it again. But for that, you need money. And to get it, you stooped so low as to be the hired thug of a swine like Gato. All right, Zabuza, enough talk. Time to finish it. But it won't be with Sharingan, imitations of some other ninja's tricks. No, it's time I introduced you to my own Jutsu." I said, making an Ox hand sign. I made the hare and monkey signs before grabbing my right wrist with my left hand. Chakra swirled around my feet and sparked upwards into my hand, forming a ball of Chakra. "Lightning blade!" I yelled, leaning over slightly, gathering more and more chakra. "I won't allow you to kill Tazuna. He's a brave man with a noble dream. The bridge he's building is the hope of this land and all its people. You're like a disease. By attacking one, you infect all. And you don't care. That is not the way of the Shinobi."

"You're right," Zabuza said. "I don't care!" I narrowed my eyes at him. "These useless little people and their petty little dreams. Why should they matter to me? I have a dream of my own."

"But to have a dream, you need to have a future," I said. "You don't," I said firmly. "Your future's all used up, Zabuza."

Haku's POV

"Go on. Finish it," I said. "Kill me. Why do you hesitate?" Naruto grunted as he stepped back. "I thought you wanted to be a mighty warrior." Naruto kept grunting and taking steps back.