Chapter 19: White Past: Hidden Ambition

Naruto's POV

Tears pricked my eyes as I held Naruko and Sasuke close. "Is this the first time you have seen a friend and family member die in battle?" The kid turned back towards me. "This is what it means to be a ninja." I heard him sliding back into his mirror.

"You'll pay for this," The steam around me then turned into a red, fiery energy swirling around me. I saw a bit of the same energy surround Naruko, but it had a few other colors mixed in slightly as well.

"Hm?" I heard that Haku kid hum. I heard the bridge break slightly because of the energy surrounding me. I felt my features change slightly and a powerful energy flow through me.

"I'm going to kill you!" I yelled at the boy.

Haku's POV

I continued to watch as Naruto appearance kept changing. His hair changed, becoming more spiked, wild, and longer. His eyes became narrower, his face changing as well. His teeth became sharper and his snarl much bigger. He was hunched over on all fours, growling darkly. His growls sounded demonic and greatly echoed.

'The bloodlust in his eyes.' I thought. 'This is no longer a child.' Naruto yelled at me, from his now crouched position next to his friend and twin, who were lying on the ground next to each other. He growled and yelled when he suddenly charged at me. I threw three senbon needles at him as he charged me. Naruto just roared/yelled, and the red energy deflected my needles. I gasped and shielded myself slightly by the force of the power. I quickly shifted to another mirror, away from Naruto. 'His chakra grows stronger every second. I must strike now.' I thought, appearing in every mirror, preparing another senbon attack. Naruto gasped and groaned as the needles pierced him. Naruto yelled, energy blasting from him, and sending the needles flying out of his body. I groaned at the energy. Naruto charged at me and shattered my mirror. 'Now.' I thought as I flew out of one of the shards, three senbon needles in my right hand, ready for an attack. I charged downwards, trying to hit him in the back with the needles, but Naruto just flipped out of the way and I crashed onto the ground. 'Impossible.' I thought as Naruto recovered and I jumped back. I quickly ran to one of my mirrors, but I gasped when Naruto grabbed my arm, pulling me back. 'Those eyes.' I thought when I looked right at them. Immense power blasted from Naruto.

Kakashi's POV

'huh? Could it be?' I wondered. 'One of the Twins' seal has broken? No. It's been loosened, and a glimmer of the nine-tailed fox's chakra has slipped through. But the seal still holds. Naruko's seal is intact, but some chakra's seeping from her too, but which tailed beast, and why? Is she hurt, or does she need power? Regardless, the seals still hold.' I opened one of the scroll pouches on my vest and pulled out a small scroll. 'Good. Then maybe we still have a chance.' I threw the scroll in the air to unravel it. I swiped my left thumb across my wound. I grabbed the scroll with my right hand and extended it outward, wiping the blood on my left thumb across the writing on the now open scroll. 'Just maybe.'

"Zabuza, I don't mean to spoil your fun," I said. "I know how you like to stretch these things out." I spun the scroll above my head, weaving it around my head. (Ballerina Kakashi, am I right?). "But how about we put an end to this right now?" I asked, now weaving the scroll around me different times. I then threw it up into the air, the scroll wrapping up again. I caught it again and made a ram hand sign while holding the scroll with my thumbs. "Come on, what do you say? We're both busy people."

"Hm. Tempting," Zabuza said from the mist. "I'm curious to see how you intend to back up such brave words. Show me, Kakashi!" He growled.

Haku's POV

I shielded my face as much as I could from Naruto's powerful energy that was emitting from Naruto. I tried to keep my mirrors intact as they kept cracking. 'I cant.' I thought, making half of a ram sign. 'His energy is too strong.' Naruto growled as he looked right at me. I watched him clench his right fist, energy surrounding it. He growled as he reared his fist backed, yelling as he went to punched me. I was sent back, flying, crashing through my own mirrors, which shattered. I hit the ground hard and rolled, limply, as to minimize any injury, hopefully. My mask cracked completely. All of my remaining mirrors crumbled and shatter as I started to stand up again. When I finally stood up straight, I faced Naruto as he ran at me, yelling. My mask was starting to crumble and fall apart. 'Zabuza.' I thought as everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. 'I am no match for this boy.' I thought as my mask started to fall. Everything was silent as Naruto jumped into the air, readying an attack. 'Master. I have failed.' The last of my mask fell to the ground. Naruto grunted as he went to punch me again. When my mask hit the ground, I saw Naruto in front of me, fist held right in front of me, completely back to normal. Naruto still grunted, seeming torn.