Chapter 33: Sakura Blossoms!

Sakura's POV

"Effort by itself does nothing," Dosu told Lee as he kneeled on the ground, groaning. "Now watch, we're going to show you something called the wall." Everyone was silent for a little bit, not moving an inch. The tension was so thick as we waited for someone to make a move. Lee was still on the ground, groaning softly and panting. "Your Jutsu is indeed fast," Dosu told Lee. "But ours is even faster because it travels at the speed of sound.

"Lee, what's wrong?" I shouted as Lee suddenly vomited in front of him, coughing violently, before groaning in pain. I could swear I saw a stream of blood coming from his ear. I knew something had to be wrong as he raised both of his hands and held his left ear.

"Oh, I forgot to mention this little gadget I wear," Dosu said as he raised his right arm, letting his sleeve drop to reveal the weird casing on his arm. "You might be able to dodge my blows, but you can't get away from it.

'What trick does he have up his sleeve now?" I wondered as I watched him closely. Dosu laughed as he lowered his right arm by his side.

"I don't need to strike you with my fists," Dosu said. "I can hit you with the power of sound."

"Sound?" Lee groaned. I grunted, lowering my head.

"What makes it possible for the ear to hear things?" Dosu asked. "What is sound really?"

"Vibrations," I said.

"Give the little lady a prize," Dosu said. He then grabbed his ear, lightly pulling on it. "Yes, the vibration of molecules in the air creates a sound wave. These vibrations are collected by the ear, then directed to the eardrum. The human eardrum, the tympanic membrane, ruptures when exposed to sound levels in excess of 150 decibels. Moreover, if the sound is powerful enough to upset the fluid within the deepest inner ear canals, it becomes impossible for you to maintain your balance. Feeling a little dizzy, nauseous? That's right. Best if you don't even try to stand up for a while." Dosu told Lee.

"You see, buddy, that old-fashioned Taijutsu stuff won't work against us," Zaku said. Lee grunted in anger, leaning forward. "Not that you're not pretty good at it. It's just that what's the point? Compared to our Jutsu, that stuff's totally yesterday's news." He took his hands out of the ground and crossed them in front of his chest. "See, I can manipulate ultrasonic waves and air pressure. I can do things you've never even dreamed of. I can obliterate boulders or make the ground itself as soft as a feather cushion. Face it, little man, you're up against the Jutsu of the future." He opened his hands, revealing his palms to us. I gasped when I saw the palms of his hands had what seemed to be two small openings or tubes that were releasing streams of air. He smirked and chuckled at my reaction. Lee grunted as he stared at him, remaining silent.

"Now then, little girl," Dosu said, turning his attention to me. "It's your turn!" He ran past Lee and dashed me, yelling.

"No!" Lee yelled as he turned his head back towards us. I gasped, lowering my head and steeling my nerves. I pulled out a kunai from my pouch and held it in front of me. "No!" Lee yelled again as he managed to get up, running between Dosu and me.

"What?" Dosu yelled, noticing Lee.

'Lee!' I thought in surprise and worry.

"Leaf Hurricane!" He yelled, dropping onto his left hand, swinging his right leg towards Dosu's head. However, he grunted and closed his eyes. Dosu hummed as he pushed Lee's leg to the side, jumping over him.

"Hmm, not quite as effective as it was before, is it?" Dosu asked him. Dosu jumped back and charged at Lee again, preparing his right hand. "Still, it's impressive that you can move at all. We'll have to do something about that." Lee grunted as he blocked Dosu's right hook, making his gauntlet face away from him as it activated. I heard a high-pitched noise, faintly, coming from Dosu's arm. "Do you hear that? This device amplifies the vibration of the impact, transforming them into a wave of sound."