109

The sky was now pitch black. Some stars twinkled here and there.

"These were my friends," Henry said as he lead the three hunters through a cemetery. "My mentors, our last defense against the Abbadons of the world."

"Here's your buddy, Albert Magnus." Dean pointed his flashlight at a headstone.

"Albertus Magnus." Henry corrected. "And he was hardly a buddy. He was the greatest alchemist of the Middle Ages."

"Okay, so why is he buried here?" Sam asked.

"He's not." Henry replied. "His was the alias we'd use when going incognito. I believe someone planted his name in that article... so that if man of letters came looking for answers, he'd know something was amiss."

"So someone wanted you to come to this grave." Jessica said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"The question is why?" Henry stared at the grave in thought.

"What is this?" Dean pointed his light at a symbol on the grave.

"Our crest." Henry walked forward along with Sam and Jessica. "The Aquarian Star, representing great magic and power. They say it stood at the gates of Atlantis itself."

Sam looked at one of the graves that didn't have the crest on it.

"It's on all of the tombstones except for this one, Larry Ganem."

Henry walked towards that grave and knelt down. On the tombstone was a cross.

"The Haitian symbol for speaking to the dead. This is the message. You guys ever exhume a body?"

All three looked at each other and nodded their heads.

~<•>~

Jessica sat down next to Henry as she watched Sam and Dean dig the grave.

"Come on you two, put your backs into it." She giggled.

"Why don't you get down here and help us, sweetheart?" Dean said as he shoveled more dirt.

Jessica smiled. "Sorry, but a lady doesn't get her hands dirty."

Sam chuckled at this.

Dean let out a grunt as him and Sam both threw their shovels to the side and opened the grave.

"Hey, was Larry a World War I vet?" Dean asked Henry.

"No."

"Well, then, who's the stiff?"

"No idea." Henry replied.

Sam knelt down and picked up something. "Thomas J. Carey the third." He turned towards Henry. "That mean anything to you?"

Henry shook his head.

"Well, somebody wanted you to see this," Dean pointed down toward the dead man. "So maybe that somebody is Larry."

"So," Jessica started. "He survives the attack and hides out with this guy's identity?"

"Okay," Henry stood up. "What are we waiting for, then? Cover this up, let's be on our way." The man walked away.

"Really?" Dean groaned.