91

Charlie and Jessica raced down the stairs. Their hearts thumping loudly in their ears as they ran.

"Go go go." Jessica pushed Charlie forward to keep her going.

Charlie grasped the door handle and yanked it. It didn't budge. They were locked inside.

"Here, I can get us out of here." Jessica placed two fingers on Charlie's forehead and closed her eyes. When she opened them they were still inside the building. "What the hell?!"

Just then, the front doors cracked.

"What the?" Jessica looked at them confused.

"Hold on there, Charlie." Pete said as he ran towards the girl.

Jessica went to protect Charlie when Pete was thrown at her. This sent the woman against the wall and she cried out in pain.

As Jessica looked over at Dick, she saw the man being thrown back.

Suddenly, Dean and Sam broke through the glass doors and stood up. Jessica made herself visible. Her angel blade was in her hand and ready to be used.

"Dean! He's one of them!" Charlie motioned to her manager. She held her left arm to her chest. It was likely broken.

Sam punched a guard and Dean poured Borax onto Pete. The man cried out in agony.

Sam came over to Charlie and picked her up in his arms.

"That would explain it." Dick looked at the three hunters. Then his eyes locked onto Charlie.

"You're hanging with the wrong crowd, kiddo."

Dick went to move forward only to be thrown back against a sign.

"Alright, enough! Show yourself. Let's do this like real monsters." He went to stand only to be shoved back down. A laugh escaped his lips.

"You got to do that again. That tickled."

"Dean, come on, come on!" Sam motioned his head to their car outside.

The three hunters (plus Charlie) ran outside and got into the car.

Sam and Dean sat up front while Charlie and Jessica sat in the back.

Dean turned the car on and took off down the road.

~<•>~

"Charlie," Dean started. "Talk to me, are you okay?"

"No." Charlie's voice shook. "Why didn't you kill him?"

Jessica sighed sadly. "Becuse we can't yet. But we will."

"The really evil ones always need a special sword." Charlie gasped. "Oh, okay. I'm gonna pass out now." She whimpered and lowered her head onto Jessica's shoulder.

"Jess, how you holding up?" Dean asked.

"I'm fine. Though a bit confused."

"Why's that?" Sam asked.

"My angel powers are acting all wanky. It's weird." Jessica sighed as she placed a hand on Charlie's broken arm. She felt a familiar warmth and saw a blue glow on her hand. But when she pulled it back Charlie's arm was still broken.

"It's like my powers are failing or they're not listening to me." Jessica sighed. "I don't like this."

"We'll figure something out, don't worry." Sam flashed a warm smile at Jessica.

"Let's just hope we do." Jessica patted Charlie's good arm as she looked down at the girl.

~<•>~

It was now morning. The hunters (and don't forget Charlie) we're leaving Cook County Terminal. Charlie's arm was now in a sling.

"I left your dumb flask on the backseat, by the way." Charlie said to Dean."Worst good luck charm ever."

"Here you go." Dean handed Charlie her bag.

"Listen," Sam started. "We can't thank you enough."

"Actually, you can. Never contact me again, like, ever. Deal?" Charlie looked at the two brothers. "Jessica, I'll make an exception."

Jessica smiled.

Sam chuckled. "You've got yourself a deal." He held out his hand for Charlie to shake and she shook it. She also shook Dean's as well.

"Keep your head down out there, okay?" Dean asked.

"This ain't the first time I've disappeared."

All three hunters looked at each other.

"You really think my real name is Charlie Bradbury? Please." Charlie chuckled lightly. "So, good luck saving the world. Peace out, bitches." Charlie held up the signature Star Trek Vulcan salute.

"Charlie," Jessica called after the woman. "If you ever need me, and can't reach the phone, just pray."

Charlie nodded her head. "Will do." She walked towards a bus and boarded it. The door shut behind her as she got on.

Dean turned towards his brother with a smile on his lips. "She's kind of like the little sister I never wanted."

Sam chuckled and Jessica laughed.

"We gotta talk." Sam said.

"Well, you mean before we get back to the car and the flask?" Dean asked as the three made their way back to their car.

"Exactly." Sam sighed. "So, what the hell happened back in the lobby, Dean?"

"Man," Dean shook his head. "If I had a free shot, I'd have bitch slapped the hell out of Dick."

"Yeah, but," Sam stopped walking. So did everyone else. "I mean, Charlie got her freaking arm broken."

"He didn't mean to do it." Dean replied.

"Exactly. He's not in control, not about Dick. That was vengeful spirit crap."

Dean nodded his head. "I know. But it's still Bobby."

"But if he really goes there, he won't be anymore, and then we won't be able to pull him back. And then what are we supposed to do?"

"I know." Dean said. " look, let's just figure out what that thing we stole is, and then will figure out what the hell to do with Bobby."

"Agreed." Jessica said.

"Come on." Dean walked with Jessica by his side to their car. Sam followed behind them.

The three hunters were close to something. Jessica could feel if. But whatever it was, they had no idea.

If only someone could tell them what it was that they had in the back of their car.