55

"Huh." Jessica got out of Deans car and looked up towards the house. "Nice house."

As the three made it to the front door, it opened. Two woman stepped outside and Dean was the first to speak.

"Melanie Golden?"

The two girls stopped outside.

"Got a minute?" Dean asked as the three flashed their badges.

Melanie sighed.

"Do you want me to stay?" Her friend next to her asked.

"No, that's okay. Thanks for stopping by." Melanie gave her friend a hug.

"No problem." Her friend smiled as she let go and walked down the steps.

"She's a friend." Melanie said. "Stopped by to see me after she heard about my grandma. Which is probably why you're here." Melanie looked between the three. "Please, come in."

Sam and Dean walked forward but Jessica hesitated. She felt as if she shouldn't go inside the house. Almost as if something was pulling her away.

"Make up an excuse." A small voice echoed in her ears.

"Um, why don't you two go inside. I'm gonna go to town and check out Goldy's shop again."

Dean and Sam turned around. "Jess, we already checked her place."

"I feel like we missed something." Jessica began to step down the concrete steps. "Don't worry, if you need me just call me."

"How are you going to get to town?" Dean asked as he watched her walk away.

"I'll get a taxi." Jessica said as she rounded the corner and disappeared.

"Well, that was weird." Sam said as he looked at his brother.

Dean kept his eyes on the place where Jessica had just disappeared. "Very."

~<•>~

As Jessica had reached town, she paid the taxi driver and got out. Jessica had no idea where she was going. Or where this little voice inside her head was taking her.

"Jess!" Melissa was waving the girl over.

"Why do you keep doing this?!" Jessica almost screamed. But, she had to make sure to keep her voice down. She wasn't talking to anyone but herself. To any passerby, they would consider her crazy.

"Why are you here?!" Melissa seemed worried. "Do you know what you're up against?!"

"No, I don't. And I suppose you do?" Jessica scoffed.

"Yeah. Starts with psy ends in chic!" Melissa spat. "You know what they could do to any human being?!"

"Why are you so terrified?" Jessica asked. "It's not like they can hurt you."

"Sweetheart," Melissa started. "They're psychic. They can do anything that they want." She paused. "If they find out about me, they could tear us to shreds. They'll take both powers and use it for themselves. We need to get out of here."

"No." Jessica looked at Melissa disgusted. "I'm not running from something that can be easily handled."

"Jess—"

"We're done." Jessica snapped her fingers and watched as Melissa disappeared. As she let out a sigh, her phone buzzed.

Dean: meet at the Emporium.