104

"Wow," Jessica breathed as she walked around. "This is awesome!"

"I know right!" Dean was beaming with joy.

Sam looked at the two like they were Insane.

As they walked through the fair, they came upon a man throwing a bean bag at what looked to be some other man dressed as an ogre.

"Excuse me. Hi." Dean had stopped the man from walking away. "You are a larper, yeah?"

"I prefer the term 'interactive literaturist.'"

"Right. I am special agent Rosewood." Dean, Sam and Jessica pulled out their badges. "This is special agent Taggart and special agent Lebowski."

"HOLD!" The man suddenly yelled. He pulled his hood off of his head. "Um, guys, we're not doing the whole genre-mash-up thing this weekend. We only do that every third month."

"Uh..." Dean gave the man a weird look.

"Come again?" Sam shook his head.

"Your fake badges, the cheap suits. It's very cool. I get it. Your characters are FBI agents that somehow traveled to Moondoor, but I'm telling you it's straight up Moondoor this weekend."

"These aren't fake badges." Sam said.

The man scoffed. "Uh, yeah, they are, and they're very good, but, uh," he took Sam's badge and opened it. "The I.D. numbers shifted to ten digits with two letters mixed in at the end of the year, and, the seal's from last month." He handed the badge back and Sam took it.

"Really good work. It's just it's a tournament weekend, okay, guys? So you got to follow the rules. If there's no rules," he pulled up his hood. "Chaos."

The man cleared his throat and turned to the people behind him. "Resume." Then he faced the three "agents" again. "If you would like to join the army of Moons, the Queen is always on the lookout for new squires."

"Yes, right." Dean said. "We would like to see your queen now, please."

"Well, the Queen's calendar is booked up months in advance. But if you witness what's in store for you in her army, her highness is overseeing new squires on the pitch as we speak.

~<•>~

All three had made their way over towards a crowded area. Two people were fighting each other. Once the man lost, the other opponent took off their helmet and showed their identity.

"Well I'll be damned." Jessica smiled as she saw Charlie.

The girl made eye contact with the three and mentally cursed.

"Uh, the queen needs some royal 'we' time. Talk amongst thy selves."

Charlie disappeared into a large tent. The three followed her.

Jessica was the first one to enter the tent.

"Charlie."

The woman turned around and gave Jessica a sweet smile.

"Jessica!" She walked up to her and gave her a quick hug. Then Charlie went towards a bag and began to take off her armor.

"Charlie—" Sam was cut off by the woman.

"She's dead. She died a year ago. You killed her. My name is Carrie Heinlein. Oh, and guess what. Now you killed her, too." She turned around to face the two men.