103

"Mrs. Whitehouse?" Someone lightly shook Jessica's side. "Mrs. Whitehouse?"

Jessica groaned as she slowly opened her eyes. When she looked to her left, she saw a doctor standing next to her bed.

The woman quickly sat up.

"Where am I?"

The doctor smiled. "You're in Moore County hospital. You were in a coma for three months."

Jessica felt sick. Had she really been gone for three months? It felt like she had been with Melissa for three minutes.

"Can you call my husband?" Jessica asked.

"Already have," the doctor smiled. "He'll be here soo—"

"Jess!" Dean ran into the room with Sam by his side. "Oh thank god you're awake!"

The doctor chuckled as he watched Dean grab the girl in his arms and hug her.

"I'll leave you be. You can sign her out at any time."

"Thank you." Sam said to the doctor.

"Is this real?" Jessica breathed as Dean pulled away from her.

"What do you mean?" Dean cocked a brow.

Jessica placed a hand on Dean's cheek. He leaned into the touch and placed a hand over hers.

"I—I was in a coma for three months. But, Melissa did this to me. I was only with her for what felt like three minutes."

"Melissa did this to you?" Dean asked.

Jessica nodded her head.

Dean looked at his brother. "We need to find that separation spell."

"Dean, we've already got a lot on our plate right now. I mean, we've got a case up in Farmington Hills, Michigan."

"Sammy—"

"Dean," Jessica placed a hand on the man's arm. "I'll be alright. Let's go solve a case. The three of us. We can deal with this whole Melissa thing later."

Dean looked at his wife. He could see a small smile on her lips.

"Okay, let's get you out of here."

~<•>~

"So," Sam sighed as he put his phone away. "Garth said that a man got ripped limb from limb inside his locked apartment."

Dean stared forward as he focused on the road.

"That's not good."

"Working a case." Sam sighed. "As long as we're waiting on Kevin, that'll be our fun."

Jessica looked at the back of Sam's head confused.

"I'm sorry, did you say fun?" She shook her head. "I don't see how that's fun."

"We had a conversation on the way up to the hospital." Dean said.

"Ah." Jessica nodded her head.

"Here it is." Dean pulled up to an apartment complex.

All three hunters got out of the car and headed towards the building.

"Sherif," Sam said as he pulled out a fake badge. Dean and Jessica did the same.