1

"Glycerin! Glycerin, where are you?"

An anxious foot tapped away on the floor as its owner looked at the watch on her wrist.

"Glycerin! Glycerin please, I'll be late, I need your help! Madhu-!"

"I'm here Deedu!"

The woman turned around to face her sister, who was smiling at her, her brown eyes twinkling away. "Finally! I've calling out for you for so long!"

Her sister stepped forward, holding a large case, a belt full of makeup brushes wrapped around her waist. "Sorry Deedu, Ma quickly needed my help. But I'm here now and so is my makeup case!"

"Well then what are you waiting for Madam Madhubala Shamsher Malik? Quickly do my makeup then!"

Madhubala couldn't help her smile and went over to her sister, making her sit down before her dresser. "Don't you worry Madam Trishna Shamsher Malik, I've got you," she saluted.

Her sister only hummed in return, but anxiety was still very clear on her face. Madhubala got right down to work, making up her sister's face and making her look absolutely beautiful!

"There, all done," Madhu smiled.

"Thank you so much Glycerin! I've been feeling nothing but anxiety since yesterday! The fact that today has even arrived... oh I don't know if I can do this!"

"Of course you can Deedu," Madhu encouraged. "You're talented, you're beautiful, and you were made for the big screens!"

"You think so?"

"I know so! And I know you'll have a great audition."

Trishna smiled at her softly. "Thank you, Madhu."

"You're most welcome! Now come on, you have to get to your audition on time!"

With a nod, Trishna got up and followed Madhu out. They both saw their mother, Padmini, in the kitchen.

"Ma, I'm leaving," Trishna let her know.

Padmini turned to her. "It's time already? But you haven't even had breakfast-"

"Ma, I can't eat at all, I'm too anxious! If I do eat, I'll probably explode during my audition!"

Both Madhu and Padmini looked at each other, unable to help their grins.

"I promise I'll get something afterwards, okay? Love you, bye," and she dashed out the door.

Padmini let out a sigh and shut her eyes, putting her hands together in prayer. "Bappa, please protect and guard my child."

Madhu wrapped her arms around her mother. "Don't you worry about a thing, Ma. Deedu will be just fine."

"True, but you know that's not the reason for my concern. If Trishna doesn't get this role... she'll be heartbroken."

"Mm... should that be the case, then maybe at first; but Deedu will spring back up. Especially with Roma by her side."

"That's another worry. If Roma didn't have her shoot today, then she could've gone with Trishna. Instead she's gone on her own."

"But Roma is at the studio, right? She'll meet up with her afterwards."

"But-"

"Oof ho, Ma, don't worry! Everything will be just fine," she beamed.

Padmini shook her head. "Sometimes I wonder if I'm your mother, or if it's the other way around. Now come, eat breakfast."

With a nod, Madhu followed her mother to the table and both sat down.