20

"What? Really," Trishna exclaimed.

"Yes Deedu, really," Madhu beamed.

Trishna let out a squeal and hugged Madhu. "Oh my gosh, Glycerin, thank you so much! I can't believe it! I'm gonna be in an RK film!!!"

Madhu had broken the news to her sister immediately when she got home; she knew it was something that simply couldn't be waited on! And as expected, her sister was over the moon! Padmini, Roma, and Malik were told as well, Roma also going over the moon when she learned the news.

"Heroine, this could be it! This could lead to your big break," Roma exclaimed.

Trishna gasped and the two got super excited, chirping away about it, unable to believe it was actually going to be happening!

Padmini placed her hand on Madhu's shoulder, bringing her daughter's attention to her.

"You did a good thing Madhu," Padmini smiled.

"I hardly did anything," Madhu said, shaking her head. "Mishra Saab remembered on his own when he saw me and asked me about it. Call it fate."

"Call it destiny," Roma said dramatically.

"Whatever it is," Malik said, "we will most certainly celebrate once the call comes through."

"Absolutely!"

"Until then," Padmini said, "let's all eat dinner. Madhu, remember to keep your phone off before you go to bed, I want you to get some extra sleep. Night shoots are draining so no other work for you, most definitely not housework."

"But Ma-"

"But nothing," Padmini said, cutting Madhu off. "Come on everyone, let's eat!"

Madhu obliged, as did everyone else. Once dinner was complete, as Padmini had said, Madhu wasn't allowed to do anything else. Instead she was sent off to bed.

Trishna laid down besides Madhu. "Glycerin?"

"Hmm?"

"The sets must be really huge, huh?"

"Yeah, some of them are pretty massive."

Trishna let out a sigh. "An RK film set... only the best of the best!"

Madhu didn't say anything.

"I can't believe this is happening. I'm really going to be working on an RK film!"

Madhu couldn't help her smile at her sister's excitement.

"It's like a dream come true-! I mean sure, in my dreams I'm his co-star, but still! I'm going to be in his movie!"

"And we'll be working together."

Trishna turned to her. "It's actually happening!"

Madhu took hold of her hand and gave it a squeeze. "It's actually happening."

Trishna beamed then laid flat on her back, looking up at the ceiling as she went into thought. Madhu turned around to her other side, a smile on her face as she shut her eyes.

You'll see, Deedu; one day you will become a star. I just know it!

*~*

As Padmini had wanted, Madhu slept in and woke up way later than usual. Madhu did feel bad that she wasn't able to help her mom in the morning, but there was also no denying how tired she was, hence why it was so easy for her to sleep in.

In the afternoon, a call came from one of Mishra's people, offering Trishna the job as a junior artist, to which she happily agreed. A form would be sent to their home in a few days, which Trishna would have to return asap as the filming was happening in two weeks on a Friday.