25

As the whole day went on by, Madhu felt a bit bothered. Several people in the chawl had asked about what they had seen in the newspaper to her and her family, but the confusion was quickly cleared. However, Madhu was sure that there would be many people out there who was wondering the same, especially that of her coworkers. She had even gotten texts from Navisa, Neha, and other crew members, asking her about the situation, and she had to give them all the same explanation.

Just this alone has me so stressed out, she thought to herself. I can't even imagine what it must be like from RK's position, having everyone in the media reaching out and questioning, not to mention his fans. All those people being so invasive... it must suck.

"Madhu?"

"Huh?"

She snapped out of her thoughts and looked up at her mother.

"Are you okay?"

Madhu quickly nodded. "I'm fine, Ma."

"Are you sure-?"

"I'm totally fine, you don't need to worry."

Madhu quickly turned on the TV to distract herself and stop Padmini's questioning. The others had gone out, Trishna and Roma shopping while Malik got some things for the house.

I wonder how he's dealing with it, she wondered as she scrolled through the channels. RK must have a lot of patience- then again he explodes like a short fuse. But maybe in these kind of situations.... The paparazzi are always on his case, so at some point he must've gotten used to it, but... gosh, why do they have to be so invasive-?

"This just in, our camera crew and reporter have finally got sight of RK," the reporter on TV said.

Madhu's attention quickly went to the screen, as did Padmini's.

"Sources had claimed that RK would be at Fratelli tonight and he's showed up! Let's see if we can get a comment from him!"

It quickly cut to a live feed, where RK was being hounded by the media, bombarded with questions. Madhu watched as Bittuji and his security tried to keep them at a distance, but they were persistent.

"RK do you have any comments on who that girl is," one reporter asked.

"RK, do you have a girlfriend," another asked.

"How long have you been with that girl, RK?"

"Are you going to marry her?"

"Do you love her RK?"

"Enough," RK said, silencing everyone around them.

Hearing the edge in his voice, Madhu's eyes slightly widened.

Is he going to get angry? Hai Ganpati Bappa, please don't have him breaking a camera on someone's head or something stupid along those lines!

RK looked at the last reporter sternly, his nostrils flared as he arched his brow at him. "You media people have taken one small incident have turned it into a whole movie! You haven't even thought of what your actions could lead to!"

"RK, that woman was in your arms," a reporter said. "So naturally-"

"Sweetheart, if you watched the clip carefully, then you'd see that she was tripping over and I stopped her from being face-planted on the ground."

Thank goodness he did.

"Could you imagine the embarrassment she would've felt if that had happened in front of me," he smirked lightly.