Camp vs. Camp Part 2

A/N: I'm not that familiar with the pokeathlon so please forgive me if this isn't totally accurate

"Good morning everyone and welcome to the Inter-camp Pokeathlon!" Professor Oak said to the crowd.

A couple of people on either side of the camp directors opened up boxes, releasing a bunch of Pidgeys. What Red would have given to see a bunch of trainers frantically try to capture them as they flew away. The crowd of people cheered in anticipation, then Kevin took over, "This is going to be a first in our two camps' long histories of competition and it's sure to be an exciting one. Now let us all have a good game and Hill Valley, make sure you give these summer campers hell," he said gaining a cheer from all the Hill Valley residents.

"Well then, I don't see any point in dragging this out any longer. Let the games begin!" Professor Oak said earning a cheer from everyone.

"Looks like we got here just in time for the excitement," said Rebecca, "Are you doing any of the games, Leaf?"

"Yep, I'll be doing the snow throw. Blasty and I are gonna blow them away," Leaf said confidently.

"I have no doubt you will," Rebecca said.

They arrived back to the crowd where they found Red, Ethan, Lyra, and Yellow chatting. Leaf and her parents went over to meet them. "Hey guys," Leaf greeted.

Everyone turned pleased to see her parents had made it alright. Red was admittedly a little nervous since he was dating Leaf this time around and he wasn't sure how they'd react. Then again, if they approved of Blue dating her then who was to say they wouldn't approve of him?

"It's good to see you all again," said Isaac.

"It's good to see you guys too," said Red, "you're just in time for the fun."

"So we've heard," said Rebecca, "what's the first game?"

"First up is Goal Roll, then comes Snow Throw, and if it comes down to it, Pennant for the tiebreaker," said Ethan.

"Alright participants, report to your positions," called Professor Oak.

"Speak of the devil," Ethan continued.

"Hey Ethan, are you competing any time soon?" Yellow chimed in.

"No why?"

"Well I was wondering if we could see how the egg is doing."

Ethan smiles down at her, "of course, let's go ahead and go."

"Yay!" Yellow cried out adorably.

So the two left with Lyra deciding to go with them. Now it was just Red, Leaf, and her parents. Rebecca realized that one person was missing, "Oh Leaf, where's Blue at? I thought for sure he would be here with you," she said.

"Thank God he's not here," Red thought. Wow, he'd been so happy and focused on his relationship with Leaf he'd actually forgotten she dated Blue before.

"Oh, we're not together anymore," Leaf stated.

"Oh, I'm sorry Sweetie," Isaac said feeling sorry for his daughter.

"It's not all bad," Leaf said as she grabbed Red's hand, "after I broke up with Blue, Red and I started dating."

Leaf was proud and unafraid to call Red her boyfriend, it gave him a great sense of validation. "So it looks like I was right," Rebecca said with a giggle.

Right? They considered him a possible boyfriend for Leaf? Any doubts Red had instantly flew out the window. He chuckled sheepishly and tightened his grip on Leaf's hand. Before her parents could interrogate them further, Kevin spoke over the loudspeaker, "Alright everyone it's time to get your game on!" he said earning a cheer from the crowd.