New Friends?

A few buildings down from the dining hall, there was an elderly couple were in a big enclosure connected to a smaller building. They were surrounded by smaller Pokemon, baby Pokemon as they were called, Pokémon that had recently hatched and needed more care. They were currently feeding all the Pokemon; "There you go little ones, eat up," the woman said happily. All the Pokémon cried out happily prompting the woman to smile. The man walked out of the building, "Are they enjoying lunch, Mira?" He asked.

"Of course dear, how are the eggs looking?" asked Mira.

"They're doing fine, most of them still have some time before they're ready to hatch."

They were approached by Professor Oak, "Good afternoon Mira, Jack, are you two getting settled in ok?" He asked. "We're doing fine thanks professor," said Jack, "It's going to be an exciting summer."

"That it is," said Professor Oak as he looked at all the Pokémon that were happily playing and eating together.

"It really warms my heart to see Pokémon so full of joy, I bet there's never a dull moment for you two."

"Oh yes, even though they're so young they're so full of energy, some days it's almost impossible to keep up," said Mira.

"I understand, there are some days where Tracy and I have trouble keeping track of all the Pokémon kept at the lab," said the Professor, "Do you two have anyone to help you out?"

"Sometimes we'll have Ethan help out when he comes home from his travels," said Jack.
"Ah yes Professor Elm has spoken very highly of him, how's he doing these days?"

Elsewhere

"Come on come on where are you," said a young man as he ran around the camp. This young man was Ethan, he was wearing a red long sleeve hoodie, a backward yellow and black hat, and black shorts, and right now he was in a really big hurry. He was currently delivering an egg that was about to hatch and couldn't find the owner's cabin. He felt the egg jiggle in his hands causing him to panic a little more and he ran even faster, "oh no not now not now!" He said. Luckily for him, he saw Hilbert and Hilda walking hand in hand and went over to them.

"Hey, Hilbert!" He called.

Hilbert and Hilda both looked over to see him running full speed towards, "What's going on Ethan?" Hilbert asked.

"Where's cabin 42? I've got this egg about to hatch and I need to find its owner."

"Ok it's just a few buildings over that way," Hilbert pointed.

"Thanks, Hilbert, I owe you one!" Ethan said as he ran in that direction.

Ethan quickly came upon the cabin and practically broke the door down, "I made it," He said as he tried to catch his breath. Everyone inside looked a little startled from the sudden entrance, "umm can we help you?" One of the boys there asked.

"Yeah....which one of you... is Edward?" Ethan asked still trying to catch his breath.

"That would be me," said another boy. He looked to be about 14 and was pretty short. "Well..." Ethan said, "your egg is about to hatch."

The boy's face lit up, "oh wow thank you so much!" He exclaimed as he grabbed the egg out of his hands. As Edward held it in his hands, it suddenly started growing really bright, it was finally hatching. Before long the shell cracked open revealing a little Cyndaquil. All the boys smiled brightly at the newly hatched Pokémon, this was one thing Ethan loved about being a breeder.
Ethan walked up to the group of boys who were now huddled around Cyndalquil. "Congrats on the new Pokémon Edward," he said, "if you have any questions or need help with anything you can ask me or my grandparents at the Pokémon daycare."