Tournament Time

Movie night from the night before went about like you would expect it to go with most everyone enjoying the movie and popcorn. Today was the day for Parent's Choice. It was pretty much a free for all where the parents could choose whatever they wanted. A lot of the parents chose to do something out on the lake. Luckily for Leaf, Parents' Weekend meant that she was off of lifeguard duty for the weekend so she decided to enjoy some time getting a tan next to her parents. Blue was with them as well and her parents were chatting up a storm with him. She was happy that her parents were approving of her boyfriend and not overprotective like many parents are. But at the same time, it felt kinda off. She couldn't explain it but there wasn't an overwhelming sense of relief that usually comes with this situation, it was almost like it would have been OK if her parents didn't approve. But that couldn't be it, could it? 

"I'm gonna go get a drink, you guys want anything?" asked Blue.

"No thank you," said Rebecca.

"I'm good," said Isaac.

All of their eyes turned to Leaf who seemed to be off in her own little world. "Leaf, you there?" Blue asked. 

Leaf blinked repeatedly snapping out of her trance, "Oh what?"

"I'm gonna go get a drink, you want anything?"

"Uh, no thanks."

Blue smiled and dove in for a kiss before walking off. When he was out of sight, she drifted off again. It was obvious to her parents that something was up. "Leaf, sweetie, what's wrong?" asked Rebecca.

"N-Nothing I'm fine," Leaf replied.

"Leaf, come on something's bothering you what is it?" asked Isaac.

"I'm fine really."

"Leaf, we know you better than that, what's wrong?" Isaac said sternly.

Leaf looked away from them and sighed knowing there was no getting past them, "I don't know. I just...I'm not sure what I'm feeling right now. I like being with Blue I really do but...I guess I feel like something's missing."

"Sweetie, no one is forcing you to be with him," said Isaac, "Are you truly happy with him?"

"Y-Yeah I am," she said. But deep down she was feeling unsure as she said that and her parents saw right through it.

"This might be a time for you to take a step back and reevaluate your relationship. If you're sure you still want to be with him then you keep pursuing him. But if not then don't keep yourself locked in a relationship that you're not happy with," said Rebecca.

Leaf looked down in thought, "OK," she simply said.

"Frankly, I'm surprised Red isn't your boyfriend. I thought he would be more the kind of person you would go out with," her mother continued.

Leaf immediately started blushing at that thought. It got worse when the image of Red entered her mind, she felt her heart start to race at the thought of him holding her close, kissing her and-

Leaf shook her head trying to push out all those thoughts, she remembered that her parents were right next to her and the look on their faces told her they were well aware of her internal struggle. She looked away from them still blushing, "uhhh whatever you say, Mom," she said

At that moment, Blue came back with a drink in his hands, "Did I miss anything?" he asked as he sat down and kissed her again.

"No, not really," Leaf said as she turned away from him. As he looked back over at her, Blue was slowly becoming aware that all was not as it seemed with his girlfriend. It made him start to wonder if he would be able to keep her around.