Finals to Remember

"Blasty, use Aqua Ring!" said Leaf.

Blasty generated a ring of water around him which dissipated after a few seconds. "Aqua Ring is going to restore Blasty's hp throughout the battle. That means I'll really have to keep up the pressure if I want to come out on top," thought Red.

"Blastoise, use Flash Cannon!" Red said.

Blastoise pointed his cannons at Blasty and fired off two beams of steel energy. "Blasty, use Rapid Spin!" said Leaf.

Blasty retreated into his shell and spun around. The spinning deflected the Flash Cannon sending it in several different directions. The blasts ripped through the ground around them. When the attack ended, Blasty came to a stop and stumbled back from the force of the attack. "Ok Blasty, use Ice Beam!" commanded Leaf.

The attack came fast, Red was forced to act quickly. "Hydro Pump, go!" said Red.

Blastoise unleashed a powerful hydro pump which collided with the Ice Beam creating an explosion of ice. The shards flew out in all directions hurting both Blastoises. They both shook it off and stared down at one another again. "Not a bad start, Leaf," said Red.

"We're just getting started. Blasty, use Ice Beam on the ground!" said Leaf.

Blasty pointed both of his hydro cannons at the ground and fired off Ice Beam. Within seconds, the entire field was covered in ice. "She made the surface slippery with Ice Beam," Red thought, "It's an effective tactic but how in the world is she gonna use it?"

Red was actually a little stumped, guess he was going to have to find out the hard way. "Well Leaf, don't keep us waiting," said Red.

Leaf giggled, "a bit impatient are we? OK, if you say so. Blasty, Rapid Spin!"

"Rapid spin? What could she-"

That's when Red realized what she was planning. Holy crap she's clever. "Blastoise, brace yourself!" Red cried.

Blasty went into Rapid Spin and the slipperiness of the ice allowed him to slide across the ground at high speed. He zigzagged left and right a few times, each time getting faster. Blastoise braced himself as Blasty finally made an impact; he slammed into Blastoise with intense force causing him to cry out in pain but he didn't stop there. Blasty continued to spin and looped back around before slamming into Blastoise again. This happened repeatedly, Blastoise struggled to stay standing with the slippery ice underneath him so he couldn't counter-attack.

Blasty slammed into him once again and Red finally got an idea. After Blasty hit him one more time, Red made his move. "Flash Cannon, at the ground!" said Red.

Blastoise charged up his cannons and blasted the ground in front of Blasty as he came around again. The attack ripped through the ground shattering the ice and nailing Blasty. Blasty cried out in pain as he was sent flying backward. "Blasty!" Leaf cried out worriedly as her starter landed in front of her.

Blasty could still go on but that attack hurt him badly. It was then that Aqua Ring kicked in and restored some of his health. Flash Cannon was more powerful so it did more damage than Blasty's barrage attacks but the restoration of Aqua Ring evened them out once again.

"I'm impressed, Leaf," said Red, "I've seen a lot of ice field tricks but never anything like that."

"Thanks, Red, I've still got plenty of surprises in store."

"Well then, let's see 'em. Blastoise, Focus punch!"

Blastoise charged in with his fist glowing white ready to punch the lights out of Blasty. "Not today! Blasty take to the sky with Hydro Cannon!" Leaf said.