The Wild Side

Yellow was missing, they couldn't believe they lost her like that. "This is bad," said Ethan, "She must have gotten lost after getting chased away by Steelix."

"Yellow! Can you hear me?!" Leaf cried out worriedly. But she got no response.

"Yellow!" yelled Ethan.

Still no response. They all looked at the thick woods in worry but none more so than Pika. He didn't want to think of what Chuchu could be facing out there without his knowledge. "Dang it, what are we gonna do? We can't just leave her out there," said Lyra.

"We're definitely not doing that. The problem is the longer we stay here the less time we have to get up the mountain. It'll be dark before we get up there," said Ethan.

Red was deep in thought, what could they do? Then it hit him. "Maybe not," he said.

"What are you talking about, Red?" asked Ethan.

"I can head out and look for Yellow. They were only here a little bit ago so Pika should be able to pick up a scent trail. Once we get close Pika should be able to sense the electricity put off by Yellow's Pikachu. You guys can take everyone else and head up the mountain, I'll meet you up there."

"You sure you'll be OK doing that?" asked Ethan.

"I'll be fine, I've been through much worse than this," said Red.

"If you're going out there I'm going with you," Leaf said grabbing his arm.

"Of course, I can't just leave you behind."

Ethan turned to Blue, "Hey Blue, hand me the radio," he said.

"What for?" Blue asked.

"So I can prank call the president just give it to me," Ethan said irritated.

Blue smirked and tossed Ethan the radio. "You guys take this just in case of an emergency," he said handing it to Leaf.

"Do you think we're gonna get hurt or something?" asked Red.

"I'm not worried about you two," Ethan said, "Keep that with you just in case something's happened to Yellow."

"Alright, we'll see you guys up there."

"Good luck. Alright! Let's get moving!" Ethan said as he and Lyra began leading the group up the mountain again.

As the rest of the CITs walked away, Pika was quick to start sniffing around for a scent trail. Luckily, he caught a whiff of Chuchu's scent pretty quickly and started following it into the woods.

xxxxx

"We're almost there guys," Nate announced.

After the had lunch, the Unova friends set out to do something Nate had promised Rosa weeks earlier. They were hiking up the hill on the edge of town. Rosa picked up the pace dying to see the view she had missed so much and Nate followed close behind. When she got to the top, a wave of nostalgia washed over her; the view was gorgeous, the town looked so small from that high up and it was surrounded by seemingly endless ranges of mountains.

Rosa remembered back to the first date she and Nate had; Nate had a picnic set up for them where they ate, laughed, kissed, and enjoyed the beautiful sunset. It was all so perfect and the hill hadn't changed a bit. "I'm falling in love all over again," Rosa said dreamily.

Nate stood behind her wrapping his arms around her and resting his chin on her shoulder. "Me too," he said.

Hilbert and Hilda caught up with them hand in hand. "You made it slowpokes," Nate said teasingly.