Last Days of Summer

This was it, they were down to the last few days before they went back to their normal lives. Everyone was going to make the most of these final days. Today was packing day for a lot of people; some of them had to leave early while the others wanted to get it done early because the next couple of days were going to be hectic. Hilbert and his friends were among those packing early because they going to be fully invested in the events to come.

By the end of the day, everyone was exhausted from all the packing amid their other responsibilities. It was another night of drinking and hanging out for most people. Red and the others were sitting by the fire by the lake looking up at the stars, it was a full moon, the night was clear, it was a great setting. "Do you guys ever wonder what Arceus is thinking when he's looking down at us?" asked Ethan.

Everyone else shrugged, "I guess not," said Red.

"If I were Arceus I wouldn't know what to think with all the crazy crap going on in this world."

"You know I would probably go on a purge. All those evil teams and poachers would be swept away," Red said placing a hand over his scars where Petrel shot him.

"Now that you mention it I would probably do the same."

"OK, boys that got dark really quick. Let's talk about something else," said Lyra.

"OK then, you guys looking forward to the game tomorrow?" asked Ethan.

"Better believe it," said Leaf.

Tomorrow there was going to be a kind of free-for-all battle royal among the campers. Whoever won, in the end, was going to get a special prize. Red initially wasn't going to compete because he felt like it wouldn't be fair to everyone else considering his skill level. However, it turned out there were a lot of people eager to test their metal against him in this game so he wasn't going to let them down.

"What do you think the prize will be?" asked Ethan.

"I don't know," said Red, "hopefully something good like a rare candy or an evolution stone."

"Whatever it is, I'm coming for you guys tomorrow."

"You can try," Leaf said confidently.

"Ohoho, so you got some fight in you, do ya?" Ethan retorted.

"I've got a little bit of pent up energy. So do my pokemon so you both better watch it."

"Alright then Leaf, bring it," said Lyra.

Red chuckled at everyone, he was excited about tomorrow. There was going to be a lot of people looking to battle him and hopefully, he could get a chance to battle his friends. Maybe he could get that battle with Leaf they talked about.

"Alright, all this talk of battle has made me hungry. Dinner anyone?" asked Ethan.

"Dinner sounds good," Lyra said.

"I already ate," said Red.

"Same here," said Leaf.

"Alright, catch you guys later," Ethan said as he and Lyra walked off hand-in-hand.

"Looks like it's just me and you again," said Red.

"Yep," Leaf said as she sat on his lap, "That means I can do this."

Leaf pressed her lips up against Red's and the two moved in perfect sync. The two savored every second that they could hold and kiss each other like this because in a couple of days their relationship would become a long-distance one. As much as they didn't want to date long distance they wanted to do everything they could to keep their relationship going. Red was especially adamant about that considering how long he had waited for her.