An Atrocious Day

And came the next day. Most of the people who weren't playing in the water were either tanning or helping prepare the dining hall for the mixer tonight. After Hilbert and Nate's little mishap with the hot tub yesterday, a lot of the decorations had to be remade so there was a greater sense of urgency to finish it all up. Red and Leaf were among those helping out with that, were being the keyword because they were about to take the lifeguard test. As they walked out of the building, they passed one of the adults who was eating a small lollipop.

"Grown man with a lollipop? Not cool," Red commented.

"I disagree," Leaf said smiling.

"He looks like a pedophile."

"Maybe he just has a sweet tooth."

"Well then maybe he should have some chocolate," Red continued the playful argument.

Blue passed by the two as he went to help with the dining hall. "Hey you two," he said. "Hey," Leaf responded as Red sat in silence.

"Lieutenant Surge in the middle of a war, lollipop, it totally works, I win," Leaf said playfully.

"No..." Red had nothing.

Hilbert then dropped by, "Lifeguard test in 20 minutes, bring any water type pokemon you have they can help you on the job," he said before heading back to the lake. "You ready?" Leaf asked.

"Of course, you can't not be ready when you're a lifeguard," Red replied.

"That's the spirit! I'm gonna go get changed."

Rosa came up and grabbed her arm, "Not into that swimsuit you're not, you should go check the lost and found."

"I did it was the only one," said Leaf.

"Well check one more time, it's a new day there might be something new," Rosa said with a wink. Leaf watched her walk away for a moment wondering what she was up to. But she went along with it, if Rosa was helping her out with her swimsuit problem then great, anything is better than the swimsuit she wore yesterday. So Leaf walked around the corner to the lost and found and opened the wooden lid. Inside, she found a brown lunch sack with a note attached to it. "This will suit you much better, and don't let those girls get to you they just hate competition," the note said. Leaf smiled at the kind gesture and took a peek inside, her face lit up. She's definitely gonna have to thank Rosa for this later.

Her mind drifted for a moment. At that moment, she wondered what Red would think when he saw her in this, she also began inexplicably thinking about what Red would look like without a shirt on. When she snapped out of it, she blushed bright red, did she really just imagine that? "You OK over here?" Red asked walking around the corner. Leaf mentally panicked for a moment as she turned toward Red trying to hide her blush. "Yeah I'm just fine," she laughed nervously. Red saw the lunch bag she was holding in her hand, "So what did Rosa give you then?" he asked.

Leaf looked up at him with a playful smile, "You'll see, why don't you get changed and I'll meet you back here in a few minutes," she said as she walked past him.

"O-OK," Red replied as he watched her leave.

A few minutes later, Red was waiting for Leaf. He was now wearing his swim shorts and wasn't wearing a shirt, he had a towel and a small bag hanging over his shoulder and he had Pika standing right next to him. While waiting, Red's thoughts drifted off to Leaf, "I wonder what Rosa gave her to wear," he thought. Deep down he was hoping it would be some two-piece swimsuit that really showed off the curves of her body. Red once again tried to shake away the thought of her wearing something like that even if it was fairly plausible. "Red," Leaf said pulling him out of his thoughts.