Mixers and Hot Tubs

Another week, another time of excitement. That's what it was for the people at Professor Oak's summer camp at least. It was late in the morning and Nate was in the back of a pick-up truck with a covered up hot tub. Hilbert was standing by waiting for the grand reveal, he was currently only in his swim trunks since he was on lifeguard duty now. Nate ripped off the tarp that was covering up the hot tub. "What do you think?" Nate asked. "Awesome!" Hilbert replied. The hot tub was pretty old and dirty but that didn't matter, once they got it cleaned up and heated everyone would want some of it. Hilda came walking by, "Mornin' Nate, a hot tub?"

"Yeah," Hilbert said, "Whenever I sit around here relaxing I always think why am I not in a hot tub?"

"Well, those days are over my friend," said Nate.

"It's really dirty," said Hilda examining a little further.

"Yeah, it does look pretty bad. Though once we get it going it'll look and feel great," Hilbert replied.

"OK whatever," Hilda said backing away. Hilbert didn't let her get far though and pulled her into a kiss.

Nate turned his attention from the hot tub to Hilbert and Hilda and found them making out, "Geez guys, have you even brushed your teeth yet?"

They both stifled a laugh and turned their attention to Nate, "Oh please, you and Rosa make out every chance you get," Hilbert said. They got him there, Nate didn't say anything and just went back to inspecting the hot tub while Hilbert and Hilda giggled at his expense.

Nearby, Red and Ethan were talking, "Guess who's DJing the big mixer tomorrow night," Ethan said as the two walked out the cabin.

"You?" Red guessed.

"Nope, me. They got a DJ set here just begging to be used and Professor Oak picked me for the job."

"Well, you DJ the crap out that mixer tomorrow."

"I will, you know there's going to be some dancing. You got any smooth moves you've been hiding from us?"

"Tons," Red said sarcastically.

They came around the corner and saw Nate covering the hot tub back up. "Looks like good times are ahead of us," said Ethan, "After I blow away everyone at the mixer tomorrow night, I am going to be the life of the party. I'm making us both a promise."

"Well please don't let us down."

xxxxx

Leaf was in her cabin with the other girls trying to get ready for the day. She was getting frustrated as she dug through her clothes and could not find what she was looking for. After going through everything one last time she fully came to a conclusion.

"OK, where is it?" She asked turning back to her roommates. These were the same girls that had been talking badly about her for the last couple weeks. Their names were were Kate, Chloe, and Ally.

"What?" Chloe girls asked.

"My swimsuit, I'm not an idiot I know you guys took it."

"Just wear another one," Kate said. Leaf didn't say anything, "Oh my gosh was that your only swimsuit? wow, that blows," Ally sarcastically said.

Leaf just decided to forget about it for now, "Whatever, I've gotta go."

"Yeah, Professor Oak's not paying us to sit at the beach all day. At least not you."

"We're taking the lifeguard test," Ally said.

Leaf looked at them in irritated disbelief, "You are gonna be lifeguards? You know you have to save people."