CHAPTER 15: The Seductive Devil

~Art, like love, moves the heart in unexpected directions~

*******************************

Aaliyah:

The secret to a good morning is to watch the sunrise with an open heart. See how that one little cloud floats like a pink feather from some gigantic flamingo.

How sweet the morning air is! I thought as I stare into the sky looking at nothing precisely.

How small we feel with our petty ambitions and strivings in the presence of the great elemental forces of Nature!

As I sat by the window staring into the sky, I wondered how I'm going to be able to live with an abusive bitter man that's permanently incapacitated for the rest of my life.

I bet I will never be able to have children with him since he is paralyzed from the waist downwards. Thanks to modern medicine, artificial insemination is always an option. I guess My karma caught up with me just too soon

I jolted out of my day dream when the door flung open, I see Ammar making his way in with his eyes glued to his phone

"Good morning" I said politely

"It really is a good morning" he replied with his eyes still glued to his phone as he sat in his wheel chair.

"Wow, this girl is a hottie. Look at that perfect ass and those boobs, damn. This girl has got the most beautiful ass, wanna see for yourself?" Ammar said

"It's not necessary" I replied, swallowing the lump growing in my throat.

"Well, that aside. I have a very nice surprise for you" He said, with a devilish smile on his face.

"I see" I said, absorbing the information with a subtle nod.

"What's the surprise?" I asked, As I watched him with expectation.

He pocketed his phone and kept the cup of orange juice he was holding on the dresser.

Then he rose to his feet and walked towards me, He carried himself like he owned the world.

I had lost the ability to speak or to think or do anything but to stare at him

His silent, stony face was only inches away. He was so near, so terribly near, and then he moved to close the last bit of distance. He was so close to me that I could feel his warm breath fanning my cheeks.

His lips are now grazing at the sensitive skin of my ear. His hands brushed down my arms, smoothing down the goosebumps that erupted over me.

Then his lips reached mine and enveloped them, soft as velvet and yet unyielding.

The air between us was electric, the scent of his aftershave was intoxicating and I could feel the testosterone bouncing off him. I could immediately tell he is a powerful man.

When I gave into the kiss, Ammar suddenly pulled away leaving me wanting more. He smiled and reached for his drink.

His lips touched his glass and I stare a little bit longer than I intended to as the liquid slips into his mouth. And I am now suddenly jealous of his beverage.

After a sip, Ammar leaned down and placed his lips next to my ear. He blew gently on it before he spoke. I leaned even closer into him as I listened intently to his words.

"Aaliyah"

I moaned at the sound of my name on his lips.

"I need to tell you something." He said

His words were accompanied by warm air caressing my skin.

"Before my time is done, I will watch the light fade from your eyes as you are sent to the hell you so deserve."

Though his words promised destruction, the cadence of his voice still held me in a seductive rapture.

Sometimes a kiss was just a kiss. Sometimes a kiss announced changes. But right now, I am certain that this kiss is my downfall.

I think I fucking fell in love with Ammar quicker than it takes Taylor Swift to write a song about her ex, He's so handsome that it hurts so much.

He walked out of the room leaving me in shock with my mouth ajar. I thought Ammar was slightly disfigured, partially deformed and permanently confined to a wheel chair like he has led us to believe.

All that while, he was pretending to be crippled, and I am the one that took his ability to walk. Lying bastard, I can't believe he fooled us all. Ammar is the devil himself, the seductive devil.

Truth is, I agreed to this marriage out of pity for Ammar. I thought it's only fair to be with him since I've ruined his chances of living a normal life and finding true love, or a woman that would agree to spend the rest of her life with a physically challenged man

And also because I lost something that I thought was perfect, and I never wanted perfect again. I wanted middle of the road, stuff I didn't care about so that I couldn't lose anything I really loved ever again.

There is a deep dark part of me that didn't feel bad for him anymore, he only lost his one true love but I lost everything.

I took a shower and got dressed and I decided to join the devil "Ammar" for breakfast

These days, I am always well rested and refreshed because Walter the butler is back. I don't have to go through the stress of cooking and cleaning. The only thing I have to deal with is Ammar's attitude.

As I walked down the staircase, What I saw scared me. Ammar is full of joy and laughter, his face is lit up like never before.

Has he had an accident and lost his memory and forgot who he was? I wondered, because I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how to smile or laugh or joke or care or be kind or do anything associated with happiness.

He looked different, like he has been switched with another man. now I really see him, not the man he had been pretending to be.

We had company, but he didn't tell me, Two of his friends are here for brunch. One of them, the petit Asian with the most welcoming smile I've ever seen quickly approached me as soon as she spotted me walking down the staircase and introduced herself.

"Hello dear, I'm Kimberly. You can call me kim. It's so nice to finally meet you Mrs Ammar"

"Like wise, It's a pleasure meeting you too Kim. Aaliyah is the name"

She opened her mouth to say something, But Ammar interrupted her

"Kim, this is no time for a chit chat. I've changed my mind, We are eating out. grab your purse and let's go". Ammar said and he started walking towards the door.

"Let me get my purse too" I said as I headed towards the stairs as fast as I could. But Ammar stopped me before I got any further.

"You're not coming with us" he told me as he resumed walking without sparing me another glance.

Kim gave me an apologetic look as she quickly darted out of the house.

Ammar is super hot and handsome. But with a personality like that, his attractiveness meter goes way down.

It's just a shame that such good looks got wasted on such a vile personality like that.

Rejection could make the loss of someone you weren't even that crazy about feel gut wrenching and world ending.

At this moment, There is nothing better than a sad song to drown all my sorrows in.

Placing my head on my knees, I let the irrational tears fall unrestrained. I am crying over the loss of something I never had, How ridiculous. Mourning something that never was.

I wonder if I can cry hard enough in the next twenty minutes that my tears will fill the room and I can sail away from all my problems.

*****************************
Any Suggestions?????

Thanks For Reading 🙏
Love You All ❤️🤗
Don't Forget To Vote, Share & Comment 😘

OBLIVIOUS REDEMPTION जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें