CHAPTER 46: Unleashed

~Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. You'll never be able to find yourself if you're lost in someone else~

**********************

Ammar

It's another beautiful evening, to misbehave and get on my wife's nerves. I thought, As I sat in the living room waiting for my guests to arrive. I couldn't help but wonder what the guy Aaliyah was flirting with at the gala had that I didn't

These days, I am all in a sea of wonders. I worry, I doubt, I fear, I think strange things about Aaliyah, which I dare not confess to my own soul.

Aaliyah crossed the line at the gala, but I was not ready to let her go. Because I am not done punishing her, Or maybe I am just so scared to accept the most obvious reason why I am still keeping her here

At this point, I know that I am just clenching my eyes against some truth I do not want to see.

The loud bang at the door brought me out of my thoughts. I glanced through the window and saw my wife leaving the house all dressed up. I wanted to follow her and see who she is meeting up with, but unfortunately, I have made plans with zarah and a couple of friends. Their presence was meant to spite Aaliyah, but it seems my plan has failed once again.

I had company while Aaliyah was gone, but I was not at ease. I was distracted the whole time, Thinking about where she might have gone to.

Frustrated, I checked the time once again, for maybe the hundredth time now. I was puzzled by the fact that she is staying out this late with only God knows who

I was in the study when I heard Aaliyah come into the house, I quickly left what I was doing and went to her

I froze for a moment when I saw her walking up the stairs, I have to admit that she has all the attributes of a perfect woman, and in my opinion, no finer personality ever existed.

Where the hell were you? Why are you out on a Saturday? I asked, gripping her elbow

"I was with a client, let go of my arm" she said, backing away

I let go of her, but Jealous is what I felt when she told me she was out with a client. I was so jealous it burned, and I knew I had to let it alone or I'd break something inside me.

I couldn't look at her and I couldn't take my eyes off her at the same time. My heart ached in such a familiar way, and the very familiarity of it pained me.

I crept into her room for a reason I myself know not. I sat on her bed like a zombie who wants a nibble of her brain, waiting for the perfect opportunity to take it. I waited impatiently for her to come out of the bathroom

She walked into the room with full confidence, yanking away the towel that was wrapped around her body. When I saw her naked body, I felt my heart jackhammering violently in my chest like it wanted to crack my rib cage open.

I couldn't speak. It wasn't because I was frightened. I was entranced, frozen in place by a crisp, terrifyingly icy beauty. Her gorgeousness seemed like a taboo, something forbidden to approach or even speak of, never mind touch.

In that moment, Only a small part of my brain functioned normally. And I knew that not even a snake crawling can keep me away from her.

Temptation likes best those who think they have a natural immunity, for it may laugh all the harder when they succumb.

Aaliyah drew me like gravity, she let loose the monster inside me.

I reach over and take her hand. It's soft and warm, and fits exactly in mine, and suddenly my entire body is wired, as if I've been plugged directly into the sun.