CHAPTER 8: Our Sacred Night

Aaliyah:

After the wedding, my handicapped husband came to pick me up and take me to where we are going to spend the rest of our lives together. It would be my home for the rest of my life, It is where I will live my life and give birth to my children.

I was a bit irked when I heard that Ammar didn't want anybody to accompany me to my new home, not even my sisters. He believes it's ancient tradition and a complete waste of time and resources. So he showed up alone in the back seat of his Jeep with his chauffeur.

As I walked to his car amidst well wishers waving, I couldn't even look at my bestie Nadia because she was tearful, and I knew I'd cry if I did. All of those years we dreamed together in high school of our future husbands. And here I am, already married and leaving my best friend behind.

Hugs and tears and joy were shared with each person who came to show their love to us.

Not only have I lost the love of my life, a crippled stranger I didn't know is taking me away from home. To add salt to my injury, he lives far away from home.

Once I am seated in the car, it started moving. I quickly glanced at Ammar, and I was surprised to find his dark eyes that are even more darker now already staring. But there was no trace of any kind of feeling in them. Like he was wearing an invisible mask, hiding whatever he was feeling

I sat in silence, trying not to cry my heart out. Fearing that if I succumb to the pain of leaving my old life behind, I wouldn't be able to resurface

I tuned out when the shock took control of my body, and I slipped into a dreamlike state. I was unable to feel anything except the numbness of my limbs, but I hadn't been able to cry because it didn't feel real.

Finding my self all alone with Ammar and a deafening silence made me realize that it is not all a dream I would wake up from and everything will just go away. It is then that reality came crashing down on me, and hard.

I choked, trying to gasp for air and sharp pains raked my stomach. Then the tears finally came.

Ammar gave me a dirty look with furrowed eyebrows and looked away. Without one last fleeting look, he relaxed even more in his seat and resumes tapping away at his phone

We had a long, boring, quiet ride with My stomach literally eating itself up. I had half a pop-tart for breakfast and that is not nearly enough to fill a grown ass woman's stomach.

On reaching our destination, I see a Butler waiting for us by the entrance. Ammar rolled down his window and ordered him to show me to my room.

The butler opened the door for me and he closed it when I stepped out of the car.

My feet barely even touched the ground when the car zoomed off with Ammar In it to only God knows where.

The house looks empty and lifeless, but at least it's beautiful. All the newest features were built into the house with no sentimentality for the old ways.

The roof line didn't peak in the centre as was the fashion in the previous decade, but instead sloped to the left, peaking a couple of meters from the edge.

The windows were large to let in maximum light, but fashioned so well that the home stayed warm in the winter time. Every line was clean and straight, the colour scheme is white, brown and silver.

I said a few prayers before setting foot into my new home. The butler led me inside the massive building and ushered me to my room.

Inside is a largely open plan, a floating stairway leading to the upper floor, and every floor is smooth and polished

"Dinner will be ready in five ma'am" the butler said, as he closed the door to my room leaving me to my thoughts.

Thanks to Ammar, I found all my suitcases already waiting for me in my room. They arrived a few days earlier. I unpacked the one with my lingeries and picked out one for the night.

Holding the nightgown up, I noticed it is made of black gossamer and fastened with tiny jet buttons. Perfect for our first night, I though with a wide smile spread across my face.

I took a shower, and went down to the dining room for dinner. With a heavy heart full of grief, I ate alone miserably.

I guess that's the price you pay for marrying a business magnate residing in the USA. Ammar is An investor, philanthropist and co-founder of The Urban Shipping Company. He is one of the best known entrepreneurs and pioneers of the Shipping revolution of the 2000s.

They say that you're not the same person once you get married on your wedding day. On my wedding night however, I'm definitely not going to feel like myself anymore when Ammar is done with me.

After dinner, I retired to my room. Upon entering, I saw the lingerie I took out for the night lying on my bed.

After removing my corset and my other underpinnings, I drew the gown over my head and let a slither over my body in a cool, silky drift.

The thin fabric draped closely over my shoulders and torso and buttoned at the waist before flowing to the ground in transparent panels. The side slit went up to my hip, exposing my leg when I moved. And my back was shockingly exposed, the gown dipping low against my spine.

I went to the bed and climbed onto the mattress, relishing the billowy softness of its quilts and linens. Reclining on my side, I made no attempt to cover my exposed leg as the gossamer fabric fell open to my hip while waiting for Ammar.

When minutes turned to hours, I realized that I have been abandoned like a wet little kitten put out into the streets for the first time.

Ammar never showed up. He didn't spend the night at home on our wedding night, a sacred night for all newlyweds. Ammar has ruined our sacred night.

After draining my tears that evening, I fell fitfully asleep.

***************************
Thanks For Reading 🙏
Love You All ❤️😘
Don't Forget To Vote, Share & Comment