Star shopping {C•B}

"Colbs?" I whispered as I stepped into my best friend's apartment. It was dark in his flat, all the doors were closed except the balcony, a soft breeze flowed through the curtains. The wind caused his apartment to be slightly colder than usual.

"Colby, are you ok?" My voice was still at a whisper as I stepped out onto the balcony.

"What are you doing?" He just peered out across the city's lights, observing.

"Look at the sky tonight." Colby still hadn't even looked towards me, "I'm falling to pieces." He slouched back into his seat, finally looking towards me. His eyes were bloodshot, tears stained his cheeks slightly and the moon glow drew attention to his pinkish nose.

"I'm sorry Colbs." I opened my arms offering a hug, which he excepted quickly.

"Look at the sky tonight, all of the stars have a reason. A reason to shine, a reason like mine and I'm fallin' to pieces." His eyes filled with tears for what I assumed the second or third time tonight.

"Let's get you inside it's cold out." I pulled him inside, towards his bedroom. Laying him down as I went back to close the balcony door, shutting it softly.

"I'm sorry I texted you so late... I didn't know who else to talk to." I shook my head slightly, crawling into bed next to him.

"Colby it's fine. You are my best friend and I love you to pieces. I don't care what time, what state hell I don't care what country I'm in... I will always talk to you when you need me." He moved his head onto my chest, cuddling into me more.

"Thank you," Colby whispered making me smile.

"Get some sleep Colbs." The boy slowly fell asleep. His breathing evened out, his whole body relaxed and his grip tightened lightly around my body.

"If any girl breaks this boy's, heart I will kill her," I said to myself, almost like an oath before falling asleep myself.