2.29

"Roman?" Virgil sat there at the dinner across from the other god who was dazed out and losing focus completely. Roman just stared off at nothing, eyes a flurry of colors, far too many for Virgil to latch onto a single one. "Roman?"

"Huh?" Virgil frowned as Roman didn't even blink. Something was wrong and he could tell. 

"ROMAN!"

"What?" Roman finally glanced over only now noticing the worried look Virgil had, eyes flashing a light grey with worry. "Stormcloud? What's wrong?" Virgil sighed as Roman shifted, giving the other his full attention. "Did something happen? Are you ok?"

"Jesus... Roman, calm down." Roman flinched slightly as he nodded letting Virgil take a good look at him. "I was just worried about you. You were dazed and... Weren't responding. I got scared."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"I know, Princey." Roman frowned as Virgil glanced out of the window in thought. "You ran out of the house the other day in a panic. I could feel it. I hope I didn't trigger anything."

"I'm fine." Virgil's eyes flashed as Roman dazed out again slightly with a frown. "Just had a lot on my mind."

"Roman..."

"I'm fine, Virgil." Virgil reeled back at the sudden tone, eyes wide in shock as he quickly nodded only serving to make the other guilty. "Your not... You..." Roman groaned as he hugged himself a bit, hands shaking slightly. "We never talked about that night out in the field. You aren't scared of me now are you?"

"Scared? Of you?" Roman nodded as Virgil's eyes darkened. "I mean... You DID scare me but... It wasn't the first time." Roman's eyes flashed black as Virgil glanced off at all the people in the dinner. "I knew you didn't mean it. Roman, we've been through so much together. You don't remember it... yet, but... I do. I know the type of person you are. I'm not scared of you just because you got angry and... lashed out again."

"I need to stop doing that."

"You can't help it." Roman's eyes narrowed as Virgil tried to be comforting. He could tell though that it wasn't working. "My father once explained it like this... You are a very passionate person." Virgil took Roman's hand not missing for a moment how the other's eyes seemed to flutter at the contact. "You're emotional. It's in your nature. Roman... think of it this way. The arts are a very personal and emotional thing. You put yourself completely into the things that you create. That being said as the god of creativity and passion... love and romance... it stands to reason that you would be a highly emotional person as well."

"But I hurt people..." Virgil tensed as tears started to fill Roman's eyes. "I hurt people, Virgil. When I get angry... I hurt Thomas... I hurt you."

"You don't even remember..." Virgil froze up seeing the numb look his love had and his heart broke. "Roman? Did... Did you remember something?"

"I..." Roman grimaced as he gripped his shirt lightly. "Either you take me home or I swear to god, Thomas..." Virgil's eyes shot wide as Roman's voice cracked. "If you don't send me home... I know you can. You just don't want to."

"Roman..."

"You're a liar. You're lying and... you know what? The next time I see you I'll send you back to hell." Virgil's eyes started glowing as this immense fear began to pool around his love. "I'll rip your heart out and break it into a bunch of tiny pieces... Thank's for nothing."

"Roman."

"I promised to kill you." Virgil flinched as the fear felt like ice against his skin, burning into him like liquid nitrogen. "The man I lo... supposedly love... I threatened to kill. When I get angry... I hurt people. I say things... do things... I should get so angry. I'm supposed to be a prince. I'm a god. I shouldn't hurt people."

"Roman!" Roman gasped as Virgil took both his hands, his eyes flashing a bright pale-yellow starting Virgil completely. "Roman, what's going on?"

"I'm fine."

"Oh, no... We are not going through this shit again." Roman's eyes narrowed in confusion as Virgil shifted till he was holding Roman's hand firmly. "Talk to me, Roman. What's wrong?"

"Besides the fact that I remembered Exactly what happened with Thomas?" Virgil's eyes flashed as Roman just laughed sadly. "Nothing, Virgil. Like I said, I have a lot on my mind. A lot... and I'm tired. Really tired."

"When was the last time you held Flounder?" The way Roman's face paled shocked Virgil as he gripped Roman's hand tighter. "Roman? When was the last time you held Flounder?"

"A few days ago." Virgil's eyes darkened as Roman tried to smile but it was clear that he was in pain. "The day you left the house actually. I took him with me remember."

"Roman, Alex told me you need to hold him at least once a day... please... Please don't push yourself." Roman deflated as Virgil slowly brought his hands closer till his lips were pressed against them, not a kiss but an embrace all the same. "Please, take better care of yourself. I don't like it when you're in pain."

"I'll be ok, Virgil." Virgil shot him a glare making Roman tense a bit at the realization. "I've said that a lot, haven't I?"

"And it's been a lie every time." Roman flinched before nodded and slowly pushing himself up. "Ro?"

"It's ok." Roman stretched as he moved till he was right in front of Virgil and smiled, brushing the younger's hair out of his eyes softly. "I'm just gonna go home and rest. I'm really tired and... I don't want you worrying about me ok, lo... Stormcloud."

"Please cuddle with Flounder?" Roman's eyes flashed a light grey before fading into a dull and faded red. "Roman? Please?"

"Sure thing, Virge." Virgil's eyes narrowed seeing the mustard yellow that swirled around the dull red. "Anything if it'll help you relax."

"I just want you to be healthy, Ro." Roman's smile fell as he sighed with a nod.

"I know. I'll be ok. Now..." Roman laughed as he winked over at the other. "Let me go home and rest."

"I'll see you again then?" Roman beamed his eyes going a bright pink as he nodded.

"Of course, Stormcloud. I'll seek you out when I'm done with all my meetings. This week is gonna be killer."