42

Roman moaned softly with sleep as he shifted closer to the warmth beside him. He wasn't completely away but he didn't really care at the moment. He was warm. He felt secure as if someone was holding him tightly. He felt loved, even if he knew there was no way... He shot up in bed fully awake the moment he felt the thing he was holding move. 

"Virgil?" He sat there frozen trying to remember what exactly had happened but for the life of him he couldn't. All he could remember was Virgil bringing him back and then... Virgil reached up and pulled the exgod back down into his arms as he smiled softly.

"Are you feeling better?" Virgil's eyes peeked open slightly with a sleepy yet happy expression. "You look better."

"Do I? What did I look like?" Roman frowned as Virgil just laughed. 

"You looked sick."

"I'm not." 

"I know." Virgil mumbled as he pushed himself up and stretched. "What time is it?"

"I didn't check." Virgil just nodded as he started to get out of the bed only to pause. Roman was still just laying there obviously lost in thought. His eyes were still dazed and bloodshot. His skin was flushed, but it wasn't that pale anymore and he didn't have bags under his eyes either. Virgil ran his fingers through Roman's hair smiling at the slight breathy sound the other gave at the contact... only to frown as Roman pushed him away. "Virgil, what are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" Roman sighed as he pushed himself up and gave the other a sad look. "I was playing with your hair."

"That's not what I meant. I meant what are you doing here. You're the one that asked for separate rooms." Virgil visibly crashed as Roman turned away from him. "Why were you sleeping in here with me if you didn't want to do that anymore?"

"Roman, I..."

"Forget it, Virge. We should get ready. Now that we found your weapon, I want to introduce you to a friend." Virgil jumped up as Roman went over to his dressers. He grabbed the man's arm and spun him around to make him look at him. "Virge?"

"I did not have that scene last night for you to wake up and act like nothing happened." Roman's eyes filled with horror as Virgil glared at him. "Talk to me, Roman. You have to tell me when something is wrong."

"Scene? What scene? I don't remember any scene." Virgil's face fell as Roman shifted anxiously. "Virgil, what are you talking about?"

"Roman, I know." Roman's eyes went wide as Virgil pulled away slightly. "I know about the whole touch thing... or at least in part. Ok, I don't know anything but I do know that you needed it last night... and probably for a few nights considering... and that it's the reason you've been looking so sick."

"Was that why you stayed with me?" Virgil frowned as Roman just rolled his eyes and turned away. "Forget it, Virgil. I don't want you to feel like you have to do anything for me. I've been on earth for centuries now. I've gotten by without contact before." Even though it was simply because he wasn't in love with anyone before, so it wasn't that bad. Roman paused and leaned against the dresser with this sad look in his eyes. Roman tensed up bad as Virgil's arms wrapped around him. He melted instantly, leaning back into him, as he chocked slightly on nothing. Virgil just laughed. 

"Roman, please? Talk to me. I care about you and your wellbeing. If you need something, tell me."

"I just..." Roman shook as his guilt tore through him but he couldn't stop how he leaned his head into Virgil's neck basking in the contact... "Don't let go." Virgil's eyes flashed as Roman nearly collapsed in exhaustion. Virgil carefully led him back to the bed as he smiled sadly as he trailed his fingers through Roman's hair. The exgod didn't even have the ability to feel embarrassed at the moment, as he cuddled up into the other like a child... or a koala. "I'm sorry, Virgil."