58

"I don't hate you." Roman's eyes flashed a light pale blue-grey as he nearly dropped his toast. Logan just smiled as he shook his head. "I don't hate you. I have quite forgiven you, but I'm working on it. But... One thing I have learned to accept is... You are not the same man I was told about. You aren't the man I thought you were at all."

"That's not exactly true." Roman muttered making Logan frowned as the oldest just shrugged. "You haven't seen me when I'm angry."

"Roman, don't... He's trying to apologize." Virgil laughed as he rolled his eyes. "Hey Ro?" Roman hummed as he took another bite of his toast only to frown at the worried look Virgil had given him. "Now that your up... would you be ok on your own for a bit?"

"Uh..." Roman frowned as he shook his head and just laughed. "I'll be fin-..."

"Don't lie to me, Princey." Roman's face fell as he nodded and sighed. "I just want to take a shower. That's all. Five minutes tops."

"Go take your shower, Virge." Roman smiled softly as he stared at his toast. "I'll be ok. Besides... you'll have to use the restroom at some point right?"

"Yes, but every time I have before, you've damn near panicked." Roman paled as Virgil slowly pushed himself up, keeping a hand still on the other. "Are you sure you'll be ok?" Roman nodded as he tensed up felling instantly when Virgil removed his hand. All the air seemed to knock right out of him but he kept smiling and just rolled his eyes. "Ok. I'll be back soon then. Father? Call me if anything happens." Roman watched as the bathroom door closed behind the other and his smile fell instantly. Roman panted as he laid back making Logan jump up with concern.

"I'm fine. It's not that bad."

"Roman..."

"Don't scare him." Roman shot him a desperate look as Logan just nodded as sat back down. "Thank you. It hurts but... I didn't lie." Roman closed his eyes as he tried to regulate his breathing better. "I'll be ok. I'm sorry."

"For..."

"Being so damn dependant at a time like this." Roman groaned as he rolled over to hold the pillow tightly, his body shaking from the lack of contact. Logan's eyes narrowed in thought as he smiled a bit finding exactly what he was looking for. "Virgil shouldn't be focused so much on me. Not when you need..."

"Here." Roman's eyes opened only for them to flash a bright gleaming pink at the slight of Virgil's flounder.

"F-Flounder?" Roman smiled softly as he carefully took it from Logan as he sighed happily and just held it close. "Thank you."

"I didn't think it would actually help. I just thought...that it might make you feel better than that pillow." Roman just nuzzled into the fish slightly as he laughed.

"I don't know. Maybe it's because it's Virgil's? Maybe it's because I spelled it to help with his nightmares?" Logan's eyes went wide as Roman just shrugged. "Or maybe it's because I gave it to him?"

"I wondered where he'd gotten it." Roman nodded as he shot the man a silly look. "What were you doing then anyway?"

"He was just this kid... crying." Logan sat down on the bed as Roman pushed himself up again with a small smile. "I'm a hero... a prince. I couldn't just leave a crying kid there on his own. So... I gave him flounder to help calm him down and... I helped him to find you guys again. Thomas literally vanished the moment he spotted me. I felt so bad."

"So you did see him then?" Roman nodded sadly as he pulled his knees in and just hugged the fish. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"I figured he was still to upset over everything that happened. I didn't know who any of you were off if Thomas was even really with you. Plus... I had the kid to worry about. As long as he got back safely with his family that that was all that really mattered." Roman smiled as he held up Flounder before laughing. "To think Virgil had kept it... and that he cared about it so much."

"It's his comfort item." Roman melted as he held it close to his chest, his eyes a lovely shade of rosy red. "You really do love my son don't you." Roman's eyes flashed pink as he nodded making Logan laugh. 

"I really do, Sir." Logan smiled softly as he sat against the headboard right beside the exgod just staring off at nothing.

"You love Virgil." Roman hummed in agreement as Logan's eyes narrowed. "... and you'll do all you can to protect him?"

"No matter what." 

"You plan on going with him to find Thomas?" Roman's eyes darkened as he hugged the fish tighter and nodded making Logan frown. "Thomas is Te Ka."

"I know." 

"He won't run away this time.

"I know." Roman repeated as Logan slowly looked over at him. "He didn't the last time I saw him either. He tried to kill me and then caused a cave in to come over top of me." Logan's eyes went wide as Roman just gulped down his fear. "It doesn't matter. I gave Virgil my world whether he recanted or not... I will do anything in my power to make sure his mission is a success. I will protect him with all that I have. I love him and there is nothing that would stop me from doing that."

"Thomas won't be happy." Roman sighed as he just hugged flounder more hearing as the water turned off in the bathroom.

"I know." Roman repeated one last time before giving Logan a very determined look. "It won't stop me. I love him."

"Good." Logan smiled as he lightly flicked the god on his nose. "Now don't go breaking my son's heart you went and stupidly said you'd do to Thomas... and we won't have a problem." Roman reeled back slightly stunned as the bathroom door opened to reveal Virgil soaked but dressed and he laughed over everything that had just happened. Virgil frowned in confusion noticing how Roman just broke down in giggles.

"What? Did something happen? Father, what did you do?" Logan laughed himself as Roman just broke down even more. Virgil rolled his eyes before pausing noticing how flounder was in Roman's arms. "Hey... You got flounder?" 

"Yeah." Roman beamed as he squeezed him a bit before holding him out for Virgil. "Logan gave me him. We found out he actually help with my contact issue." Virgil's eyes went wide as his hand trailed the glittery stuffed fish. "You can take him back though. I know he's your comfort item."

"No... You keep him." Roman's eyes went wide as Virgil pushed him back into the other's chest with a laugh. "I don't need him anymore. I've got you now." Virgil leaned it making Roman tilt his head to the side to avoid a proper kiss as Virgil kissed his cheek. "Still not kissing me, huh?"

"I want it to be special. And really Virgil..." Roman tried to hand it flounder back again as Logan slowly got up off the bed. "I gave him to you."

"And now I'm giving him back... If he helps you when I'm not able to then I want you to have him." Roman's eye went a bright shade of red and orange making Virgil melt under the love-filled expression the exgod has. "You are more than enough for me. Why would I need a substitute, when I have the most amazing boyfriend ever to help me when I'm upset."

"I think your dad gave me his blessing." Virgil jumped slightly in shock as Roman laughed, all while Logan chocked on the water he had gotten from the bathroom. " At least that's what I got from what he said... Is that right, Logan?"

"If you start calling me dad, I will lose my mind."  Logan smiled fondly as he watched his son just melt into Roman's arms. "Seriously though, Roman... I am glad you're feeling better."

"Thank you, Sir."